I got my citizenship after 6 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 years?! That is insane. Bajo sells it as if it takes 2 years. You are lucky though. Many of his cases do not get citizenship, ever. Of course the easy ones do that have two years official residency, but anyone on a tourist visa for 2 years will likely be spending many years and never get it. Seems like a 50/50 shot.

Regardless, he is still probably the best lawyer just beware for anyone who thinks they can get it without getting official residency and if you have official residency you likely don't need a lawyer to get it and definitely not a high-priced one.

Please write your experience and give some details of the case!
Any other lawyer abandons the case after a few stones in the way.
As I told you in previous post, after I won at Supreme Court, all the cases that were "zombie" are having a decision. I had several citizenships granted since then.
I cannot disclosure why it took so long without Camel´s permission but his case was a leading precedent in no less than 5 subjects.

Any other lawyer abandons the case after a few stones in the way.
As I told you in previous post, after I won at Supreme Court, all the cases that were "zombie" are having a decision. I had several citizenships granted since then.
I cannot disclosure why it took so long without Camel´s permission but his case was a leading precedent in no less than 5 subjects.
Please let us know at some point why those were "zombie" cases and how long they ended up taking. I think people would like to know what they are up against and how long it might take, even though it sounds like you are saying it's going to take less time now.

Please let us know at some point why those were "zombie" cases and how long they ended up taking. I think people would like to know what they are up against and how long it might take, even though it sounds like you are saying it's going to take less time now.
FallenAngel called "zombie" cases those from 2016 that in his no legal opinion were freeze and he used as example a case of a) a victim of trafficking b) transgender c) with arrest order for deportation who d) applied with few days in Argentina and e) didn't speak Spanish. I explained in other posts that this is the situation of all those cases he called "zombie" that has no relationship with the facts of the members of this forum. I also explained that since I won that language is abolished I'm succeeding citizenship in those cases.

The goal is to win no matter how long does it take because meanwhile you are protected from deportation.

So, long term cases are not the standard situation of members of this forum in BA City.

Congrats! I don't understand why a country with so many economic problems makes it difficult for people with money from a rich country to relocate there and spend their money there.

I don't understand why a country with so many economic problems makes it difficult for people with money from a rich country to relocate there and spend their money there.

Argentina offers rentista and inversionista routes of obtaining residence there for people with money. Then based on obtained residence one obtains Argentine citizenship.

These difficult citizenship cases mentioned above are people who for some reason failed or refused to go standard residence->citizenship route. They either are trying to obtain citizenship directly from tourist status, or have other complications.

FallenAngel called "zombie" cases those from 2016 that in his no legal opinion were freeze and he used as example a case of a) a victim of trafficking b) transgender c) with arrest order for deportation who d) applied with few days in Argentina and e) didn't speak Spanish. I explained in other posts that this is the situation of all those cases he called "zombie" that has no relationship with the facts of the members of this forum. I also explained that since I won that language is abolished I'm succeeding citizenship in those cases.

The goal is to win no matter how long does it take because meanwhile you are protected from deportation.

So, long term cases are not the standard situation of members of this forum in BA City.
Thanks for your reply. Is it true, though, that it takes those with overstays, visaruns, etc.(irregularities but not major issues like the cases you mention above) longer to get citizenship than those who have played by the rules and also gotten permanent residency? And if it take those with irregularities longer, how much longer on average? Do those people need a lawyer?

Something for all to consider before rushing to get Argentine citizenship. If the new wealth tax On “great fortunes” ($2-3m+) is passed, it will create a new form of taxation based on nationality. Meaning if you are a citizen, regardless if you are resident here or abroad and you fall into that category you are liable to pay the tax in a similar way that US citizens are obliged to pay taxes regardless of where they live. The complexity here is that it is apparently impossible to renounce citizenship once acquired.

Obviously this tax is supposed to be a “one off” but with the political discipline this and other governments have in this country with deep and empty coffers to fill, is it a risk worth taking if you have some wealth or expect to acquire it in your lifetime? If this works and generates cash for the government then why stop there...

Thanks for your reply. Is it true, though, that it takes those with overstays, visaruns, etc.(irregularities but not major issues like the cases you mention above) longer to get citizenship than those who have played by the rules and also gotten permanent residency? And if it take those with irregularities longer, how much longer on average? Do those people need a lawyer?

I will provide more info later, but it is absolutely true. If you are irregular, then you are looking at a multiple year battle. All you have to do to avoid that is get legal residency (rentisa visa is like $300/mo income needed) and you can avoid all that and then no lawyer needed. Based on what I have seen a clean case with no irregularity is solved in 8-12mos. A case with irregularity will take years and years and may never be solved.

Argentina offers rentista and inversionista routes of obtaining residence there for people with money. Then based on obtained residence one obtains Argentine citizenship.

These difficult citizenship cases mentioned above are people who for some reason failed or refused to go standard residence->citizenship route. They either are trying to obtain citizenship directly from tourist status, or have other complications.
If you can follow the administrative path, it is for free, you don’t need a lawyer and it might be faster.
But it is plenty of people who do not fullfit immigration law requirements but, they are eligible for citizenship anyway because citizenship was the natural remedy for slavery for the last 3000 years.
Immigration law visas are based on ius sanguinis, citizenship law is based on ius soli. This is why.

Something for all to consider before rushing to get Argentine citizenship. If the new wealth tax On “great fortunes” ($2-3m+) is passed, it will create a new form of taxation based on nationality. Meaning if you are a citizen, regardless if you are resident here or abroad and you fall into that category you are liable to pay the tax in a similar way that US citizens are obliged to pay taxes regardless of where they live. The complexity here is that it is apparently impossible to renounce citizenship once acquired.

Obviously this tax is supposed to be a “one off” but with the political discipline this and other governments have in this country with deep and empty coffers to fill, is it a risk worth taking if you have some wealth or expect to acquire it in your lifetime? If this works and generates cash for the government then why stop there...
Once you get citizenship it takes 5 years more or less to get be registered on the electoral roll. But you do not get registered at AFIP compulsively.
Native citizenship cannot be rennounced, but you are free to cancel citizenship by naturalization.
Taxation in this country is not based on citizenship but, instead, in residency. This is why legal residency is a tax risk while to apply for citizenship without legal residency is not: they cannot even input your info in the computer when you get citizenship without legal residency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back