I quit my job in NYC y acá estoy

BuenaOndaKD

Registered
Hola a todos!

I quit my job in NYC after things became unbearable to pursue the things in life I really care about. Here I am and I will be here for 3 months.

While I have met some great people already in Bs As, I would love to meet more - porteñas and expats alike! I'm 26, originally from Delaware, and love exploring this city, EATING (my god a girl could get fat here), going out dancing, trying to understand and incorporate myself into this culture, and practicing Spanish. I would love to meet some girls to hang out with!

Chau!

Hi wellcome to BACity, I hope u enjoy walking on the city streets and make a lots of friends here (not only ladys), a little advise: when you walked down the city, take sure to look around you at the buildings, the details, the streets, cars, etc, and you will enjoy it moore. I saw how many turist walk enjoying the city but sometimes distracted looking at the floor, their digital cameras, or just talking with their partners. Just take it into account...
Can I be a little curious?... why u quit your job, and come to here only just for 3 months?

There was a flash mob of swing dancers in Plaza Serrano today at about 5:30pm.

One beautiful days like today, anything can happen outside. Especially in Palermo. I might post a few pics later. But if you're looking for friends:

-just start talking to people with digital cameras
-go to SpanglishExchange at least once http://www.spanglishexchange.com/
-and try their "Beerlingual" as well
-keep following this board for events
-organize a polo outing
-send me a PM

That's a good start. Suerte and enjoy your time here. I was just in Delaware (on the other side of the river from Philadelphia... mas o menos) and I went to the most amazing Beer/Wine/Liquor store that I've ever been to. The number of microbrews on the shelves just blew me away and made me sad. But I'm better now.

suerte

Welcome! My girlfriend and I are from NYC and are here for a few months as well. A good way to meet other expats is to hit up the El Alamo Bar on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. They show college and NFL football, and while sports bars may not be your thing, the atmosphere is usually pretty lively. Many Americans go there to socialize as well as watch the games. It's refreshing change of pace once a week!

Brigadier said:
Hmany turist walk enjoying the city but sometimes distracted looking at the floor, their digital cameras

Hey, what's wrong with pictures?

Brigadier said:
I saw how many turist walk enjoying the city but sometimes distracted looking at the floor...

They're looking down to avoid stepping in the dog shit or tripping on the broken sidewalks.

steveinbsas said:
They're looking down to avoid stepping in the dog shit or tripping on the broken sidewalks.

That's not a very nice thing to say about your host country.

By the way, thanks for all the licence info. I'll post next week about getting a licence here in Capital.

JoeBlow said:
That's not a very nice thing to say about your host country.

What I wrote happens to be true about BACity. I was not referring to the country of Argentina.

The tourists shouldn't just look down. They should also be looking over their shoulders, especially when entering the building where they are staying.

JoeBlow said:
By the way, thanks for all the licence info. I'll post next week about getting a licence here in Capital.

You're welcome (lots of PMs). Good luck at Roca.

Yes Steve, there are dog's shit and wronken streetsides in the whole damn world, so dont be ironic with this, and less with your host country as Joeblow said. I was talking truly.

Back