I Reek Of Excitement!

dsm_traveler

Registered
Hey Fellow ExPats!

I'm just introducing myself to the community because before long, I will be one of you...living in Buenos Aires. I just accepted an internship with a marketing/pr firm for the summer! (Specifically from June-September.) I'm still in the process of detailing out my stay, but things are...let's say...moving along smoothly. Currently, I'm hunting down a place to stay. If you have suggestions or resources...throw them my way LOL!

Check out the "About me" section of my profile, as it might provide you with a little insight behind who I am. I'd enjoy meeting up with any of you as I'm down there...young, old, female, male, British, Chinese...basically anyone. Feel free to send me a message if want to stay in contact!

Best to you all!

- Lance

Farenheit, You have lived, survived and enjoyed it here for six years. YAY you rock!

airbnb.com is an excellent resource for housing! Many people seem to prefer long term renters as well so it's definitely worth a look. And I'm sure you know this, but June - September is not summer here ;) You've been warned!

Sarah, as much as I hate to say this...I'm aware I will be having a year-round winter...it's winter in Iowa now, it will be winter when I'm in BA, and then I get to return to winter in Iowa...it gives me the chills just thinking about it HAHA! But hopefully a BA winter beats an Iowa winter :p

I'm sure you'll love it here, if its just for a few months!

Check out Craig's list BA for housing etc. A lot of expats use it.

Winter here is pretty mild.

Gosh, I feel so jaded just reading this - 6 years on and beaten down to a shadow of my former self by endless tramites, inflation, protests, robberies, import bans, coin shortages, etc.....
I sharply encourage you to write a book about it.

Your post put a smile on my face! BsAs is awesome and you're going to have a blast - especially with your attitude!

I loved your post. That's exactly how I felt when on my way from Lima to Buenos Aires and three months on I still have smile on my face! I have been through the trials of settling in over the last three months and if you need my thoughts that are fresh and possibly not as negative (however real or tongue in cheek) as the ''older timers'', please feel free to message me! GOOD LUCK!

Back