I Was Denied Entry At Ezeiza

The immigration officer signs a form and you are in the next flight with 2 policemen pushing you in.

However, if you do not improvise, it can be stop by your lawyer at Court, if it is planned in advance.

WOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100% TOTALLY !!!! ...................IMMIGRATION OFFICER DISCRETION PERIOD !

Right there and then.
Case closed.

(If no legal counsel is planned ahead of time, Immigration Agent ALONE, decides and executes your fate.)

It's the same way in the US as I understand it as well - immigration officer has total control over who he or she lets in. In practice I'm sure they have to justify their actions, though, at least in the US.

It's the same way in the US as I understand it as well - immigration officer has total control over who he or she lets in. In practice I'm sure they have to justify their actions, though, at least in the US.

Me too, .. I kinda think they must justify to their higher up.

But now, it seems that they will do that on their own time, formalities after the fact, after someone is already on the plane back.

The immigration officer signs a form and you are in the next flight with 2 policemen pushing you in.

Is there any reasonable explanation why it happens when it does and why it doesn't happen to everyone with "too many" stamps in their passport?

Of course we only "know" about those who have posted their stories here. Is there any way to know how many foreigners have been denied entry for tourist visa abuse in the past six months or the past year?

Is there any reasonable explanation why it happens when it does and why it doesn't happen to everyone with "too many" stamps in their passport?

Of course we only "know" about those who have posted their stories here. Is there any way to know how many foreigners have been denied entry for tourist visa abuse in the past six months or the past year?

Not the kind of thing you'd make statistics about. Plus, would you trust KFC's stats?!

From AR Consulate London. About the only place I have ever found something in writing for tourists.

Length of stay allowed for travellers exempt from visas

On arrival, nationals exempt from visas are normally allowed to stay 90 days on a multiple entry basis. Before the expiry date they may apply for an extension at Dirección Nacional de Migraciones, only once and for no longer than the same length of stay granted in the visa. Thus, the new expiry date will be normally 90 days after the expiry date of the visa. If the person travels outside of Argentina at any time (under the orignal period granted on arrival or under the extension), when re-entering the country he/she will be usually given another 90 days, which can be subsequently extended. The number of times the traveller can re-enter the country in this way can not be determined beforehand and it is subject to Dirección Nacional de Migraciones being satisfied that the person is not covering an immigration purpose.

AR Consulate: http://www.clond.mrecic.gov.ar/en/node/2433

From AR Consulate London. About the only place I have ever found something in writing for tourists.

On arrival, nationals exempt from visas are normally allowed to stay 90 days on a multiple entry basis. Before the expiry date they may apply for an extension at Dirección Nacional de Migraciones, only once and for no longer than the same length of stay granted in the visa. Thus, the new expiry date will be normally 90 days after the expiry date of the visa. If the person travels outside of Argentina at any time (under the orignal period granted on arrival or under the extension), when re-entering the country he/she will be usually given another 90 days, which can be subsequently extended. The number of times the traveller can re-enter the country in this way can not be determined beforehand and it is subject to Dirección Nacional de Migraciones being satisfied that the person is not covering an immigration purpose.

AR Consulate: http://www.clond.mre...ar/en/node/2433

AR Consulate: http://www.clond.mre...ar/en/node/2433

Rare clarity from an official Argentine source. Whether they actually observe it is another issue entirely.

How can they accuse you of being a permatourist if there is no legal way of qualifying for a DNI that would give you residency? Argentina mi amor !

there is no legal way of qualifying for a DNI that would give you residency? Argentina mi amor !

Citizenship is one route.

Full Program Student Residency (not a Short course) at certified institutions, could be another route, and seems to be an outstanding panacea to cure all.

http://baexpats.org/...es/page__st__40

(the last update post is already out of date, but have a look anyway)

Racism, nationalism, bad luck, stupidity.

Back