I Was Denied Entry At Ezeiza

One Peruvian and one from Dominican Republic, according to the link

I can't be 100% certain, but "smirkypants" seems an unlikely username for a Peruvian or a Dominican in the baexpt forum.
emo28.gif

PS: And wasn't smirky sent back on the next (if not the same plane) plane?

So many words in that article and so little information. They seem to be arrested more than detained for visa issues, but hard to tell. No reason for the detainment seems to be given.

My guess is they were caught with some type of contraband/drugs an this isn't a visa issue, but who knows. Usually people are simply sent back on the next flight.

So many words in that article and so little information. They seem to be arrested more than detained for visa issues, but hard to tell. No reason for the detainment seems to be given.

My guess is they were caught with some type of contraband/drugs an this isn't a visa issue, but who knows. Usually people are simply sent back on the next flight.

No, when they are cought with drugs, they are sent straight to the federal prision of Ezeiza. They have a trial where they can be sentenced until 11 years of jail and only after they spent half of the time in jail, they can ask for being deported (they are free after they leave Argentina) (deportation here is a benefit).
https://www.google.c...-ezeiza;770;433

Here is the habeas corpus (a bad one, they care only about they being deported fast, to be taken under the judge but they don´t care about to make fall the deportation order):
http://www.ppn.gov.a...ros en PSA_.pdf

They had deportations orders that were enforced but PSA violating the procedure (as they do when they push you inside the airplane for kicking you out). According to they law you can be arrested only to send you to the federal judge and in 24 hs you must be out of the country in freedom.

This case shows how PSA doesn´t respect the due process. This is why expats are being deported illegally lately.

I have overstayed my visa by quite a lot. I am listed as retired and do not work here, so I am not taking jobs or money from Argentines. In fact, I have spent a lot of money here. I will be happy to pay the $300 peso fine on the way out.I came in on my British passport, but if they "ban" me, I am wondering if I can come back on my USA passport and just pay the reciprocity fee?

I found the judge´s desicion:

http://www.ppn.gov.a...os en PSA_0.pdf

The facts are even worst:

The person from Peru was arrested when he went to DNM for applying for a DNI even he is married with an argentine woman.

The habeas corpus was rejected but he order to start a criminal investigation to PSA for the illegal arrest.

I couldn´t find info about the other person from Dominicana.

I found the judge´s desicion:

http://www.ppn.gov.a...os en PSA_0.pdf

The facts are even worst:

The person from Peru was arrested when he went to DNM for applying for a DNI even he is married with an argentine woman.

The habeas corpus was rejected but he order to start a criminal investigation to PSA for the illegal arrest.

I couldn´t find info about the other person from Dominicana.
married to an argentine woman he doesn´t remember the surname of....

and the other one has a criminal record :huh:

2 really fine future citizens :ph34r:

Some additional problems that might show up, at least it did to me (pseudo-tourist, no DNI, yet). Though Delta was happy to sell me a ticket EZE-AMS-EZE (via Atlanta, return departure from Brussels, which was about $300 less), they refused me onto the plane back in Brussels. They said I needed proof of Argentine citizenship or residency, else they could not let me on the plane, being afraid I would sent back at EZE, which might be on their planes.

I told them that I planned to leave over land (which I normally do and have dozens of stamps to prove it, we live 50km from Chile), but to no avail. I also asked them why they sold me a return ticket from/to Argentina if I could not use it, but no.

One helpful man at the Delta counter tried to help out by selling me a 100% refundable Delta ticket back to AMS/BRU, which I could then supposedly have canceled after having landed. The costs was so high (over $3500), that my Credit card could not handle it and I did not have enough cash. It took over 30 minutes to find a solution while the plane finished boarding.

In the end I managed to get quickly to a travel agency at the airport and get a one-way ticket BA- Montevideo, which was the cheapest flight out of the country in the next 3 months (still about $200 I think. With that useless paper, I was let on. No more Delta, I had no problems before, but will avoid them.

Just FYI, might be good to have some proof of living in AR with you when boarding abroad.

Back