Icbc = Standard

Another great macro economic move by Cristina, makes everybody happy other then the workers she claims to protect

Standard = got a decent price to hit the exit button
ICBC = Nice step-up for Latin America
China = Conect with their Chinese expat-population and internationally expand there (semi) state run bank
Cristina = Another couple of million dollars in a account in Liechtenstein
Lorenzenetti = A couple of hunderd thousand of dollars in a account in Uruguay
Chinese population in Argentina = A way to transfer money out of the country, more job oportunities for their kids and their own bank in Argentina
Workers = get kicked out of there jobs(especially if they have some kind of job with importance) and get replaced by Chinese immigrants who come from China, Chinese with residentpapers or citizenship, Argentines from Chinese descent.

Great move Cristina

Can you explain on how it is going to be easier for Chinese in Argentina to transfer money out of the country?
If it will be easier for the Chinese, I say it will be the same 'easier' for other expat?

Non-Chinese dont have access to a Chinese bankaccount.

Most likely by preferential rates(backed by Chinese accounts) so it's easy for Chinese to transfer dollars out

And by informing Chinese by loopholes and/or facilities to get there money out.

Do you know how difficult this government makes it for anyone to send money outside this country?
Particularly USD and especially the Chinese?
I know this to be true as I have numerous contacts in a large casa de cambio.
The Chinese have been under the microscope for quite some time and furthermore, most if not all financial institutions in this country have BCRA, AFIP and even PFA and Gendarmerias breathing down their necks 24/7.
So I hardly see a Chinese owned bank wishing to provoke a tedious inspection by falling foul of this current regime.

Sorry, but I can't stand this anymore. Call it an attack, or call it constructive criticism, I don't care.

El Cipayo,

There: Not here - refers to a distance from current location, be it near or far.
Their: Belonging to or of them, whomever they may be.
They're: A contraction for "they are".

Learn it, live it, love it.

Never mind..just finished wading through this and nothing to add at this point.

Back