Icbc = Standard

Sorry, but I can't stand this anymore. Call it an attack, or call it constructive criticism, I don't care.

El Cipayo,

There: Not here - refers to a distance from current location, be it near or far.
Their: Belonging to or of them, whomever they may be.
They're: A contraction for "they are".

Learn it, live it, love it.

I was hoping that you would also touch on "THEN vs THAN", but I'll have to wait.

Also enjoyed this exchange:

I dont know if you have spend Some time in puerto madero in the last 6 months, but there have been a explosion of chinese residents, this might not be related but I doubt it is
Hmm... this is incorrect. There is an increase of Korean executives (not Chinese) in PM mainly because over the last few years Samsung has invested a lot in AR and not long ago opened their corporate offices in Puerto Madero and Catalinas. LG also has corporate offices here, though they have been established here longer. A lof of those executives are here for temporary assignments, and come and go.

Standard bank had their corp offices in PM as well, and they are now being converted to ICBC (they are installing logos now on the tower), so we may see a similar effect (with actual Chinese executives) in the coming months, but I would not call this and "explosion" of any kind.
How Much time have you spend living in pm the last 6 months?
I've been here since 2005.

Non-Chinese dont have access to a Chinese bankaccount.

Most likely by preferential rates(backed by Chinese accounts) so it's easy for Chinese to transfer dollars out

Hillarious. did argentine banks give argentines preferential rates? If not so , why a chinese bank to chinese people?

on the other hand, i have a citi account in China and also a Citi account in China but that doesnt bring me any 'convenience'. How will this help in the ICBC case?

I don't think the bank alone can control it. It's always the government who set the rules.

Back