I'd Rather Be In Argentina Than On Flight 93 In The Us!

Can a mod stop Steve's posts/ability to make threads/lock these threads? Seriously it's not enough to have one, but he needs 2 threads to bitch about stuff not even relevant to Arge/Buenos Aires. He's not even contributing, he's just trolling by using 9/11.

Perhaps I am in the minority but must say I respect & appreciate Steve's stance on this topic. It's an extremely important topic which will affect millions. His outrage at the injustice of this sham and his compassion for the needless suffering of millions speak volumes about his character. It's unclear to me why anyone who remotely has any understanding of what is taking place in the USA would mock, demean, attack & slander the person who is savvy enough to see through all the smoke and mirrors and courageous enough to speak about it. Many of your responses remind me of schoolyard bullies of the most unkind and cruel category. One can always make arguments to any issue in a civil manner and still get their points across. Many on this site are Expats from the USA and in my opinion,what is going on back in the old country is relevant, of interest and worthy of a thread.

I know for certain that there a quite a few people who do not post here anymore or would not stick their neck out and post because this site is being over run by debate which is of no relevance to Expat life in BA.

I really do think we would benefit from keeping the Expat Life thread for just that rather than cluttering it up with this. I know I am p1ssing in the wind here but...

Perhaps I am in the minority but must say I respect & appreciate Steve's stance on this topic. It's an extremely important topic which will affect millions. His outrage at the injustice of this sham and his compassion for the needless suffering of millions speak volumes about his character. It's unclear to me why anyone who remotely has any understanding of what is taking place in the USA would mock, demean, attack & slander the person who is savvy enough to see through all the smoke and mirrors and courageous enough to speak about it. Many of your responses remind me of schoolyard bullies of the most unkind and cruel category. One can always make arguments to any issue in a civil manner and still get their points across. Many on this site are Expats from the USA and in my opinion,what is going on back in the old country is relevant, of interest and worthy of a thread.

Its a valid discussion but:
1. it belongs at the world politics and not expat life thread
2. It's a second topic about exactly the same thing, that's not how a forum works
3. It's a stupid way to use something as flight 93, you know you are never going to convince anybody with that.

Everyone has a right to their opinion, but this headline is just in poor taste.

I don't see how the mod would gain much by blocking threads from say Steve, or Joe for example. Posts like these stir up the forum like a bunch of angry bees. More traffic and activity are usually good things in the eyes of a webmaster, right? If you don't want the site to be about this topic, why read it or post to it at all? You're just adding fuel to the fire.

This type of convoluted thinking reminds me of people who complain about football players getting insane salaries while sitting there obsessed about the game, glued to the set, consuming the very advertising that creates that same salary.

I say carry on and let the site be about whatever the community feels like talking about.

If you like radical activity you should have been around this forum about 6 yrs ago. Remember Auntie Apple.????

Back