Iguazu Holiday Recommendations

NOoooooo!!! Not the Mission or the Mine.
They are toooooo far away...almost all day :angry:
On a scale of 1 to 10
The mine maybe a 2.5.. it is just a rock store.
The mission maybe a 4... less for kids.... Rent the DVD :rolleyes:
Save your money and take the boat ride under the falls or do things in town.
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Sheraton[/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] :)[/background]

The Sheraton is an eyesore that belongs in a town instead of a national park. It should be demolished.

The excursion to the mission is worth it. Really impressive what the Jesuits built so long ago. The mine sucks. Excursions do both though. Long day on the bus . Kids would be bored. Bring snacks if you go.

There are several tour choices on the Brasil side. You can pick and choose what you want. The boat ride under the "Throat of the Devil" is very cool. You will get wet. The helicopter ride on the Brasil side is worth every penny.

The excursion to the mission is worth it. Really impressive what the Jesuits built so long ago. The mine sucks. Excursions do both though. Long day on the bus . Kids would be bored. Bring snacks if you go.

There are several tour choices on the Brasil side. You can pick and choose what you want. The boat ride under the "Throat of the Devil" is very cool. You will get wet. The helicopter ride on the Brasil side is worth every penny.

I'm not convinced that the mission will bore kids, especially if you put it in the context of a cinematic ghost town (which indeed it was). We recently sent my Swedish cousin and his kids to Bodie (http://www.bodie.com/), which they absolutely loved.

Ajo , I agree , but a long day for kids. It was like a ghost town. In the sense that it really is history. Never imagined they could build such an extensive community . Those Jesuits were amazing. Although there was free labor , the place is great . While there , a mass was held , in what was the Church . Very cool. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.

It was not Rome , but , nonetheless . impressive.

Ajo , I agree , but a long day for kids. It was like a ghost town. In the sense that it really is history. Never imagined they could build such an extensive community . Those Jesuits were amazing. Although there was free labor , the place is great . While there , a mass was held , in what was the Church . Very cool. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.

It was not Rome , but , nonetheless . impressive.

Indeed, it would be a very long day from Puerto Iguazú. If you're driving from the south or back to the south, San Ignacio makes a nice stopover.

Many thanks for the replies. Looking into flights and the Sheraton for a few days at Easter.

One of the most memorable places we went in Iguazú was the animal rescue park called GüiráOga. Here are links to their site and an article about the park.

http://www.guiraoga.com.ar

http://www.argentinaindependent.com/travel/guira-oga-animal-rehabilitation-in-iguazu/

I've been to the falls 2x now. The last time was much better than the first.

Here is my perfect Iguazu itinerary.

Day 1: Morning flight from buenos aires, check into sheraton, see the top part of the falls.

Day 2: Morning: Lower part of falls and boat trip.
Afternoon: Remis to the brazilian side for a late lunch​
Evening: Back to Aeroparque​

Iguazu is a beautiful must-see natural wonder, however, it is located in a miserable hot and humid mosquito infested hellhole which lacks both decent hotels and edible food. My recommendation is to get, see what's to be seen and get out. San Ignacio was pretty cool and I enjoyed it the first time around but it's not nice enough to be worth an extra night in Missiones.

The sheraton iguazu is really a horrible example of the chain but the location is unbeatable for a lightning visit to the falls.

I've been to the falls 2x now. The last time was much better than the first.

Here is my perfect Iguazu itinerary.

Day 1: Morning flight from buenos aires, check into sheraton, see the top part of the falls.

Day 2: Morning: Lower part of falls and boat trip.
Afternoon: Remis to the brazilian side for a late lunch​
Evening: Back to Aeroparque​

Iguazu is a beautiful must-see natural wonder, however, it is located in a miserable hot and humid mosquito infested hellhole which lacks both decent hotels and edible food. My recommendation is to get, see what's to be seen and get out. San Ignacio was pretty cool and I enjoyed it the first time around but it's not nice enough to be worth an extra night in Missiones.

The sheraton iguazu is really a horrible example of the chain but the location is unbeatable for a lightning visit to the falls.

Staying at the Sheraton and describing iguazu as miserable,hot and humid mosquito infested hellhole with no decent food? You sound a right snob. We stayed at a lovely family ran hotel once there, we had toucans ,monkeys nearby and lovely food. And as for mosquitos, i`ve had much worse in BA.

Being able to walk from your hotel room to the falls, IMHO, is priceless. It's the Sheraton hands down for this reason.

Back