I'm Looking To Transfer To Uba - Any Advice?

guavasita

Registered
Hello,

I am from Miami, Florida and my parents are from Colombia/Venezuela. Right now I'm studying at the University of Florida, but recently I've been thinking about moving to Buenos Aires and studying at UBA. I speak fluent spanish as well as English and was wondering if there is anyone with any advice on how to do this or has done something similar, because I know absolutely zero about transferring to another university outside of my country. I'm about to complete my first year here in Florida so I have a few credits done. Thank you if you know anything!

They have a thing called Ciclo Basico that you might want to look into first.

http://www.cbc.uba.ar/HomePage

i think you can start over here. i´m not sure you can transfer that easily.

They have a thing called Ciclo Basico that you might want to look into first.

http://www.cbc.uba.ar/HomePage

Hmm okay, I looked into it but I'm not really understanding the whole gist of what it is. Basically it's just a bunch of core classes? I would be okay with taking these classes but I'm more concerned with how exactly I become matriculated into the school itself. Do you know if you apply to this separate from the uni? I'm not sure exactly what to do about knowing about this.

If you do transfer you may need to consider staying in BA and working for peanuts. Because the degree will have little value in the US, Europe, Canada and Australia.

If you do transfer you may need to consider staying in BA and working for peanuts. Because the degree will have little value in the US, Europe, Canada and Australia.

I do plan on staying in Latinoamerica for my career because a lot of my family lives there and I am very much in love with the continent, so that isn't a problem to me.

Sometimes any degree gets the necessary box ticked. What counts in the long run is your relevant experience and how well you sell yourself in the interview.

First you have to get to the interview. And the robots that screen resumes do not get UBA

Back