Immigration For Dummies

Yes I was able to get my FBI history report very quickly. First, use an approved "channeler" from the FBI list. Personally, I read up on a lot of posts here in this forum and used one I read about. It was cheaper than the rest of the channelers and really seemed to do this quite often. I used myfbireport.com. They got a response for my fingerprint in 48 hours. Go to their website and call them. They were very friendly. I used card stock to print out 3 copies of the finger print card. I took that to the Palermo Police Station on Sta Fe. They are used to doing this for US and and few other countries. They'll only do 2 copies for you. You mail that (don't smudge it) to the FBIreport people. I suggest DHL. If you tell DHL that they are the same price as Fedex and you are going with their competitor they'll give you a discount. They The FBI report people will ask you where to mail it do. You can use whatever US mail carrier you want to get it to a US ADDRESS. Then from that US address you can use any US CARRIER EXCEPT FOR UPS ground to get it apostilled in DC. From DC you can get it sent direcltly to you OR to your addrss in the US to check for any issues. You can choose how fast to ship it back to Argentina. Again, DHL is super fast and if you use their online "my DHL express" you can get 20% off. I had photos taken of the FBI doc and had a "traductor publico" work on it while I was waiting for it to arrive. Once it was here, I showed it to the translator and then she finished it off. It has to be legalized normally. So, all in all, I used DHL between USA and Argentina and used USPS priority within the US. I got it out and back in 3 weeks. The apostille took the longest. It took 2 weeks. I'll probably write this up in a post soon. Hit me up for more information if this doesn't make sense.

Thanks! I will PM you if I have any questions... I should have this done already, but I've been dragging my feet because of the whole apostille requirement. I have to have it. Furthermore, it's not even been a full 5 years since my last FBI background check to obtain residency in AR. I keep wondering if it could still be valid...

As a last comment on this topic with respect to Bajo_Cero and his unfounded accusations, his unorthodox view of the law and with respect to his less than polite treatment of colleagues, for those of you who here in BsAs, you are more than welcome to send me a message and come visit me at my office in Tribunales where I work as foreign counsel (not local) and you can come and take a look at both of my law degrees with your own eyes.

It's very obvious to me that Bajo_Cero is protecting his turf (and future clients) because he fears competition, but since this is not the case, I can only hope that some of you will think twice before placing all of your hopes in someone who believes that being aggressive and rude is actually a compliment. I work with many Argie lawyers who are not only successful, but have impeccable professional decorum. And at the very least, go and get second and third opinions, please. Lawyers are like any other professional -- there are good ones, and there are "not so good ones".

And, for the moment, I have decided to keep an eye on this and his other threads (despite my sad state of quoting abilities) because I sympathize with my fellow expats who have been lead down the garden path once too often. I have been there myself and perhaps this is my small way of giving back in order to save others a few headaches.

P.S. If anyone offers a tutorial on how to post properly on this forum, by all means I would welcome the tips.

Best regards to all.

Jenis, the ethics law forbids to criticize other lawyers like you do. Read it.

Your out of place comment that I m protecting my turf is also unethical. Read the law.

The criminal code describes the crimes of slander and insults and illegal exercise of a profession that requieres a bar id.

You can begin to give your legal opinion as soon as you have your bar id.

You began your post asserting that I was misleading and that you were going to correct me. Who do you think you are? This is more than enough for getting a case at the Bar Association Disciple Court.

If my accusations are false, post your full name, address and passport number full fiting the law requirements for lawyers so I can go to the University where you study to make a complaint for your behavior. As you can see, my name is posted always because the law requieres it.

So, as soon as your get your Bar Id, you should assert that in your opinion this is or might be in this other different way without mentioning me because it is forbidden by the law.

I´m unorthodox because citizenship is ruled by an special law that has unorthodox rules while you asserted that it is a civil case. No more comments are needed.

Bajo.... does this mean what it sounds like?:

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 3.07.16 PM.png

Based on my understanding of what you told me, the immigration path was derived from the constitution, can that really be changed visa a DNU?

What he is trying to do is described as a crime at the National Constitution (betrayal).

I was telling the judges the whole year that the Executive Power was trying to subjugate them, and judges do not like it.

The problem is going to be the judges who are racist, they are going to apply this"

In fact, under this argument (because it violates the 1st article of the NC (republican system of goverment) 2 appeals before SC were granted to me on Dezember.

This is why is chose properly the title of the post "New immigration decree, long life to King Macri".

But judges cannot declare a decree unconstitutional unless a lawyer ask for it. So, for sure, to aplly without an attorney is not going to be possible and for attorney this is going to be a lot of extra work.

I suggest to download the App of Boletin Oficial where all the acts of government are officially published. Read the 1st section every day as i do.

What is the situation when I have two passports from difference countries - which one has to be translated etc for residency purposes?

Who knows about CUIL or working with a provisional work permit while waiting for the DNI? I did a search and found a broken link to the AFIP website. ** correction. I meant CUIL not CUIT

If I have to sort through excesses of legal mumbo jumbo on the AR official pages, I will... but I would rather take the path of least resistance on this one with your help ;-)

Back