Immigration For Dummies

Citizenship For Sale: (outrageous? ... yet true )

Please notice that Residency Category #2.5 (Investor), ... for all practical purposes and intents could be viewed simply as "Buying your way to Citizenship"..

ALL countries (including USA) will allow their national companies to LEGALLY advertise and offer citizenship in exchange for a price (to fit every budget !!!!).

For example Real State company ”xyz” in the USA can LEGALLY advertise and will get you USA passport if you "Quote" Invest $500,000 with them "Quote"

One of the (Rock Bottom fire sale) Citizenships is Paraguay: .... Only $5,200 will get you a full fledged citizenship in 6 months flat!!!!

I`m sure there must be even cheaper than $5,200 somewhere out there ????

Notes:
1. Skip posts up to #70. Start with post #71 onward.
2. Updates to post #71 are piecemeal and require sifting through all subsequent posts.
3. It`s been a while, ... you should expect that the most recent new changes are not reflected.

2 Revisions:

1==========
#19.
Prórroga: Renewal of Temp. Res. each year, you book a "Prórroga turno",
  • Sixty (60) days before the expiry of each of the 3 yearly Temp.Res, you start the renewal process.
  • Each Prórroga they´ll stamp your passport with ONE year.
  • NO Precaria and NO photos.
  • You´ll have to process the DNI seperately yourself (2 to 3 month process).
Radicacion: 3 distinct events (Cambio de Categoria)
  • from Temp. to Perm. OR from Tourist to Temp. Res. OR from Tourist to Perm. Res.,
  • you book a completely different turno: "Radicacion turno". .. (They will throw you out if you book the wrong turno).
  • Each Radicacion they´ll give you a Precaria, so you need to supply the fotos,
  • They will process the DNI for you seamlessly.

2==========
Also, I meant to say:
Residency And Citizenship For Sale:
In the Paraguay example:
.... Only $5,200 will get you immediate Residency and a full fledged Citizenship in 6 months flat!!!!

For example Real State company ”xyz” in the USA can LEGALLY advertise and will get you USA passport if you "Quote" Invest $500,000 with them "Quote"

I think that's because you get an investor visa (EB-5) which leads to a green card, which in turn can lead to citizenship after 5 years.
https://www.uscis.gov/eb-5

Nothing wrong in advertising how to make it possible. Immigration lawyers do it all the time.

(...)
One of the (Rock Bottom fire sale) Citizenships is Paraguay: .... Only $5,200 will get you a full fledged citizenship in 6 months flat!!!!

I`m sure there must be even cheaper than $5,200 somewhere out there ????
(...)

You mean residency, not citizenship.

Citizenship For Sale: (outrageous? ... yet true )

Notes:
2. Updates to post #71 are piecemeal and require sifting through all subsequent posts.
3. It`s been a while, ... you should expect that the most recent new changes are not reflected.
Okay, I'm being lazy. Re: Citizenship for sale. I went to post 71 and it said that with an investment of $300,000AR you can get residency. Anyone know how much it is today? Has anyone used this path? Is it a yearly investment?

Thanks, T/

Tom and Nancy
I do not know the situation in your new country of Argentina but certainly in your home country of the United States of America many people are coming to the USA to obtain citizenship .. many are from Argentina... the requirements keep changing however one recent rule was to purchase six condos which then in turn you can rent out .. and then purchase your own residence in the USA too... another some years ago was to put 500k into a condo project in the State of Vermont... in both situations the people were able to obtain citizenship in the United States..
While I do not know the scope of the situation you are now discussing on this site it seems to me to be very much similar. I trust you will apprise me of any differences.
many thanks
Walt

In 2014 it triggered me to go out of my way to unveil and make it a public knowledge the complete mystery that shrouded “Immigration”, ... when some unprofessional tried to sell me 2nd hand assistance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do it yourself OR go professional. .

How to read this thread:
2. Updates to post #71 are piecemeal and require sifting through all subsequent posts. (It would have been neat to keep post #71 always up to date in place, ... but it is impossible at this time )

Repost: Does anyone know anything about "investment residency " today.

Okay, I'm being lazy. Re: Citizenship for sale. I went to post 71 and it said that with an investment of $300,000AR you can get residency. Anyone know how much it is today? Has anyone used this path? Is it a yearly investment?

Thanks, T/

Bullet #16 additional clarification:

If you hold multiple nationalities ( say .. countries X & Y & .. ) .. you can enter whichever country with whichever passport .
  • Entering country X with passport Y gets you a tourist visa. Leaving must be on passport Y.
  • If you stay in country X with passport Y for more than 180 days, then leaving must be on a VALID passport X. (you will not be allowed to leave on passport Y)
  • While in country X you will be under country X` laws (irrespective of which passport was used for entry).
  • While in any other country (except X & Y) you can choose which citizenship to use (irrespective of which passport was used for entry)..

I've read that Canadians don't have to produce a birth certificate at Migraciones for a DNI as long as they have their passport. Is the same true for Estadounidenses? Thanks for this awesome resource.

Back