Immobilario - How Much Is Their Fees?

BankNote

Registered
Gentlemen,

I have been dealing with rental agents lately and am a bit confused what is the standard for their fees. As every agent says something different.

Has the state made some rules for their fees?

I am looking for a rental of 24 months and a temporary rental....either!

For 24 months..I have been quoted a fees of 10% of the total rent of 24 months + 20% IVA. ( I was under the impression it was just 5% of the 24 months rental). eg For the rent of adepartment sin muebles which was 10000 pesos/month for a contract period of 24 month ( with 30% increase from 13th month). The rental agent asked me almost 30000 pesos as their fees! ( 10% of total rent + 20% IVA)

For temporary rental of 6 months or 1 year ( fully furnished)...I have been quoted 1.5 months rent as the fees. eg the rent of the fullly furnished rental is 10000 pesos. So the rental agent wants 15000 pesos as their fees.

Is the fees as described normal?

What is the standard amount to pay the rental agents?

Any body can throw some light?

Thank you.

When I first arrived in BA I rented a temporary apartment in Palermo that I found on craigslist and there was no commission. I paid one month's security deposit and got it all back the day I left.

For a temporary furnished rental here in San Isidro we were charged 10% of the whole amount (750 ARS = 10%*7500 ARS for 1 month furnished rental) - this was last month.

For our 24 mo. rental, unfurnished, here in San Isidro, I don't remember how much we were charged.

Unless things have really jumped up quite a bit, I've never seen anything more than 2 months for a 24-month rental. My first long-term rent was a house in a closed neighborhood (almost 7 years ago now) for one month as fees. My previous apartment (we were there 4 years) I rented for 1.5 months rent going to the agent. 7 months ago, I got 1.5 and 2 months rent as fees from various real estate agents on various apartments, and the apartment I settled on was 2 months - I didn't like that because it was the most I'd ever paid and they let me pay it off in two payments when I complained.

I never rented a temporary apartment from a real estate agency, rather from companies like ByT Argentina that only manage temp apartments. The only fees used to be a check-in fee to the managing agency (plus the deposit for the owner, which was usually one month, or a percentage like 10% if it was less than two months).

I have two friends who still manage temp apartments. Their fee has gone from $25 USD to $50 USD over the last couple of years, but they don't take a commission from the renter.

I checked our papers.
For a 24 months contract (total value ARS 173,760) we paid ARS 7,580 in commissions.
The rent was ARS 5,800 for the first 6 months, and then it is increased of 15% every 6 months.

For a 2-year rental I always understood 2 months is pretty standard. I don't know where these other numbers are coming from.

For a 2-year rental I always understood 2 months is pretty standard. I don't know where these other numbers are coming from.

Ben, Is it 2 months rental or is it 2 months rental +20% IVA? ( Any idea on the IVA part?). Thank you.

Back