In Lieu of a Garantia

NoVegetables

Registered
Hey Guys,

so i stopped by an inmobiliaria today and asked about renting a long term apartment. The told me that I need a garantia, or if I don't have one there is an insurance i can get from some website. They wrote all this information down for me but on my way home i seem to have completely misplaced the sheet of paper. Does anyone know what they were talking about? All i remember is the website started with 'M' like Montclair or something like that?

Has anyone used this or know someone who has?

Any answer at this point would be useful.

Thanks

Steve's post is your best bet to follow up on.

What they probably mentioned at the immobilaria was a Seguro de Caución (http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seguro_de_caución). This could possibly serve in place of a Garantía Propietaría if the owner of the apartment is alright with it. It serves pretty much the same purpose. If something happens to the apartment, the insurance should cover it. Of course it depends on the owner of the apartment if they are willing to accept it, there are many owners who simply will not accept anything other than a Garantia Propietaria.

All references and commentaries have been taken from the web, as follow.

It's a bit complicated because most of the real estate agency will ask you to present a 'garantia propietaria', I understood that many real estate agencies work with a kind of insurance 'seguros de caución'. (as mentioned by GuilleGee)

The one you are looking for and mentioned to you by the 'inmobiliaria' is www.monclair.com.ar it's in spanish, and here the same page translated by Google www.monclair.com.ar-english

Hope it helps.
Greetings

I have not navigated this maze yet, but my answer to all of these things is my motto of New York: "There is no such thing as no, just how much."

If you were able to offer several months rent in advance even a year, I am sure many landlords will go for it. (After all the garantia is just to make sure the rent is paid.) But all of these things and more depend on the landlord.

Back