Indian - Thai food

You can also try Cocina Sunae,a closed-door restaurant that serves really good southeast Asian food. I miss the lack of spicy food as well, and at Cocina Sunae they can make the food spicy(tell them you want spicy, NOT argentine spicy, and she makes it for you). The only drawback is you need to make a reservation in advance and it opens only from Thursday to Saturday.

For Indian, Tandoor on Laprida and Charcas(near Alto Palermo shopping center) was pretty good.

As Satoko suggested, Barrio Chino has a lot of ingredients to make decent thai food on your own.

Suelte!!

Tandoor is pretty good although make sure you ask for your curry to be spicy!
They're unfortunately pretty expensive though.

Looking for a place that serves Thai chicken soup, frequented by local Asians, self-service, cheap. Something like the one on Eastern Santa Monica Blvd. Spicy BBQ , L,A. in a strip mall

Here is the website of the store that sells products from India:

http://www.saboresdelaindia.com.ar/

It's a great place. They used to have cooking classes, sanskrit classes, etc.

How about some Vietnamese Pho? Have any of these places appeared yet?

I ate at Tandoor two years ago when friends on a visit to BsAs invited me for dinner. They were satisfied with the meal. I was happy because I didn't have to pay the bill. I couldn't afford a drink at the place. I know one of the owners who graduated from MIT and moved here to dance tango and open the restaurant.

Instead of complaining about higher prices at restaurants, learn to cook for yourself. Who can afford to eat out? I certainly can't. We're not going to see a reduction in prices for anything.

As posted elsewhere, 500 $ for a meal for 4. Even at the official rate (for euros) that is under 25e a head. Not cheap, but not prohibitively expensive. Empty restaurants are not a common site, at 11pm on Sat night the least amount of time we had to wait for a table in San Isidro was 30 mins, tried 4 places. In Belgrano on Sunday, in our local restaurant we normally have to wait for a table.

Plenty of people eating out.

I love Indian food, so I am eager to go, but I did not have any opportunity to go to a restoran on Av. Cordoba between Cerrito and Libertad.
Please check out!

Back