Indian - Thai food

How about some Vietnamese Pho? Have any of these places appeared yet?

Pho is one of my favorites and I really miss it when I'm in BA.

Green Bamboo (Palermo) has a chicken Pho in the menu, but it is nothing like the real thing. Had it once and was very disappointed. Ended up making it at home later, and while it wasn't perfect, it was good enough and better than that thing they served me at Green Bamboo.

If you do end up finding a place, please share it.

"Indian" restaurants: http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/restaurantes/India-4/

Southeast restaurants: http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/restaurantes/Sudeste-asiatico-4/

Tandoor belongs to an Indian guy who got the Arg citizenship and it used to be the best in town. However, a common issue i the lack of spicy food.

Do NOT GO to that resturant in Cordoba close to Cerrito, I lunch there sometimes and I was always disapointed and with stomach pain.

Regards

My husband and I went to Taj Mahal last in Palermo (on Nicaragua) for Indian food and we both left extremely full and pleased. He had chicken masala and I had a veggie dish, and both of us asked for our dishes to be extra spicy. It came back at just the right spiciness level. Also, there are 40% off coupons on Guia Oleo to be used on Monday and Thursday nights. We did make reservations.

We went to Mumbai in Palermo Hollywood last week for Indian food and were pleasantly surprised. It's pretty similar to the sort of Indian restaurants you get in the UK. The garlic naan and my chicken jalfrezi were particularly good and they were fine with me asking them to make it spicy. It's not cheap but no more expensive than an OK parilla. I'll be going back anyway.

Barrio Chino has Thai curry paste bags which only require the meat, veg and coconut milk to be added for a traditional tasting Thai curry.

Indian; I'd recommend YouTube and seeing how to do your own - it isn't difficult but I've not found any restaurants which are anywhere near as spicy or as rich as they should be.

Be thankful though, wine and beef in either of those countries is as rare as teeth in a chicken. So it's not all bad by any stretch!
Be extremely careful when buying products from Barrio De Chino. I went last week and bought 2 peanut sauces and 2 Instant Tom Yum soup paste in jar.
After I got them home I noticed they had all had the expiry dates removed or a different date put on the Spanish translation label.
Suffice to say they were no good.

Been shopping at the China Town, especially on the Mendoza Street for a while and never have any problem. Most of the curry pasts come in a plastic container and you can clearly see the expiration date that imprinted into the bag. The shop might be able to cover it, but they can't remove it. I'm from Thailand and cook quite often so going there is a treat. The products are no the best, but hey this is Argentina.

If you are not comfortable shopping there, then check out the amazon. It carries all ingredients for Thai Cooking.

good luck,
Nik

Been shopping at the China Town, especially on the Mendoza Street for a while and never have any problem. Most of the curry pasts come in a plastic container and you can clearly see the expiration date that imprinted into the bag. The shop might be able to cover it, but they can't remove it. I'm from Thailand and cook quite often so going there is a treat. The products are no the best, but hey this is Argentina.

If you are not comfortable shopping there, then check out the amazon. It carries all ingredients for Thai Cooking.

good luck,
Nik
They can certainly remove the date, they are all smudged over in exactly the same way . I was in a hurry and with hordes of people there did not check the expiry date, which I normally do.

good luck,
Nik

being a fan of supernoodles (uk ramen noodles) i quite often buy cheap noodles in china town as they're handy for a snack.

The other day in china town one of the big supermarkets had $2.50 noodles from Thailand. i have no idea what flavours i bought but i bought a few! Fingers crossed they're slightly spicy.

Hi guy,

Are you talking about an instance noodle or the White Rice Noodle one. The Thai noodle made of 100% rice, as the result it doesn't break easily when you boil or soak in the water toooooo long. If it said made in Thailand, the products are decent and expected. Be sure to add all the ingredients comes along with the package. Might be a bit spicy but, I'm sure you can take it:)

Normally go there as early as possible on Saturday morning when all the new inventory arrives.

Good luck

I haven't been to other places but Taj mahal totally satisfies my cravings for indian! Ask for the food to be EXTRA EXTRA spicy and you should be good.

I've heard of Lotus but never been

Green bamboo is overrated, food is ok, portions are tiny and I never leave satisfied

Back