Inflation Wingers Post Here!

It stands to reason the cheap food anywhere is going to be typical local fare. Mexican food is expensive in Paris too.

The idea really is, if you're trying to eat on a budget, cook what's expensive out at home. What's wrong with that? I'd never recommend a vegetarian on a budget choose BA.

And while the salad bar at Juana M is a good deal at $36, it's a great deal for $40 when you get it free with any $40 main. Throw in the art and it's a steal for all.

The last few years there has been a boom in vegetarian chinese restaurants especially in the Centro . The quality of course depends where you go . Spring is quite good and for 40 pesos you eat well

Since it's YouTube time & and inflation subject :

Here's a nice lapsus by Rachida Dati (former French Minister of Justice, first woman with Maghrebi origins to reach such a high position).

It's in French but the word she replaced "inflation" by sounds almost the same in English so it's not that difficult to understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jty7v4rwOIM

I bought a small 100g jar of Decaf Nescafe the other day, it cost $27 (it was $30 in another store)!!!!! I overheard the manager telling another of the workers that coca cola's been put up again too....

CarverFan said:
I bought a small 100g jar of Decaf Nescafe the other day, it cost $27 (it was $30 in another store)!!!!! I overheard the manager telling another of the workers that coca cola's been put up again too....

Coke has gone up in price by quite a lot. the returnable bottles now cost about the same as the non returnable ones did about a year or so ago.

my homemade gingerbeer is still quite cheap though :D

Earlier today I saw that a 2 ltr. (perhaps 2.25) bottle of Coke at walmart was about 12 pesos. Seven Up about the same. I only buy sugar free lima limon in 2.25 litros. The Paladar brand costs 3.5 pesos per bottle when I buy "en pak" (6 or 8 bottles) at my favortie dispensa (the one that has bread almost as good as any in Paris or San Fransciso).

Walmat also had cans of La Fiesta refried beans for $8 pesos. Last time I was there they were $16 pesos per can.

Well, they had 20 (past tense emphasized) cans.

Ugh, just spent $70 having a duvet dry cleaned. Last year it was $36! That's like 90% up....looking forward to coming year! I'll be tightening my corset to 16 inches.

Back