Interesting website about Argentina

Lucas said:
What's that?.....That isn't BA

...with mountains in the background looks like Santiago, Chile

These people didn't do their research properly it seems.

Lucas, it's a photomontage!
In the movies, when someone dies, it's not for real!:p

Seriously speaking, it's very nice, but it's no surprise since it comes from the German-French Art channel "Arte" (If I was to buy a TV again some day, that would be just to be able to watch this channel).

French jurist said:
Lucas, it's a photomontage!
In the movies, when someone dies, it's not for real!:p

Seriously speaking, it's very nice, but it's no surprise since it comes from the German-French Art channel "Arte" (If I was to buy a TV again some day, that would be just to be able to watch this channel).

It may well could be but you can't do that and expect to be taken seriously.

That picture faked or not isn't representing Buenos Aires, how you can tell people the historic past of the city or country if you do not present a properly done city picture or whatever city it might be. :confused: it shows how confused these people are. I can understand some kind of cliche on it but obviously it become clear that this cliche expression, idea, or element of an artistic work which has been grossly overused to the point of losing its original meaning or effect in representing Buenos Aires city.

This is not Buenos Aires

MagrittePipe.jpg

Lucas said:

That picture faked or not isn't representing Buenos Aires, how you can tell people the historic past of the city or country if you do not present a properly done city picture or whatever city it might be. :confused: it shows how confused these people are. I can understand some kind of cliche on it but obviously it become clear that this cliche expression, idea, or element of an artistic work which has been grossly overused to the point of losing its original meaning or effect in representing Buenos Aires city.

You are right. It doesn't represent Buenos Aires. It represents Argentina. You have BA, the pampa, then the mountains in the back. So the view is across the country, as if you could see from this side to the other across the horizon.

Lucas said:

An art channel can't use a photomontage and expect to be taken seriously? SERIOUSLY? Hilarious.

Che, chill. You were quick to slam their research in using a picture of some other fictitious city when your own 'research' was at fault. Everyone else got it. No need to go on an attack when you could just say, whoops my bad, didn't have my coffee yet.

PS: Thanks to the OP for the link. I think the site looks absolutely awesome. Easily one of the best I've seen about Argentina, generally. I can't get the videos to play but I think that's an issue with my browser not the site.

Back