Interesting website about Argentina

Lucas said:
What's that?.....That isn't BA

...with mountains in the background looks like Santiago, Chile

These people didn't do their research properly it seems.
As far as I read it says Argentina, not Buenos Aires. As far as I know there are many areas with mountains in Argentina, also in Buenos Aires ( Tandil, Sierra de la Ventana, etc ) So I do not get your point really... (?)

nikad said:
As far as I read it says Argentina, not Buenos Aires. As far as I know there are many areas with mountains in Argentina, also in Buenos Aires ( Tandil, Sierra de la Ventana, etc ) So I do not get your point really... (?)

Two words, jump and gun, come to mind. ;o)

This is a fountain (one of the most important artworks of the XXth century)

medium_Fontaine_20-_20Marcel_20Duchamp_20-_202.jpg

Zissou said:
PS: Thanks to the OP for the link. I think the site looks absolutely awesome. Easily one of the best I've seen about Argentina, generally. I can't get the videos to play but I think that's an issue with my browser not the site.

Your browser is right, the site is the one who sucks, is fully loaded with Adobe's Flash links taken heaps of time to download and navigate, I wonder why Apple (Steve Jobs) did not permit it run on the iPad or any of their products.

BTW,

Buenos Aires

capturewr0.jpg

hmmm, yes, according to FJ this is Baires....:p

You know it and I know it that it's not but what about the people who never have been here?.....do this faked image represent Buenos Aires?....sure not....Santiago maybe....and wtf is doing that Plaza de Toros in the middle

I would never guess the still image in the previous post is Buenos Aires!

Perhaps it's time to give Bueno Aries a new slogan. Instead of "The Paris of Latin America" how about "The Santiago of Argentina?"

(Is that the Plaza de Toros or a heliport in the foreground?)

Yes Steve, that's the helicopter with De la Rua pissing off from Casa Rosada further away from the Plaza de Toros..

Buenos Aires according to the franks, Mon Dieu!

It's a giant panqueque under a grey sky in the foreground so if it's a panqueque, it's BA!

French jurist said:
It's a giant panqueque under a grey sky in the foreground so if it's a panqueque, it's BA!

Non, monsieur it's a Crêpe, there aren't panqueques in BA...

French jurist said:

And anyone who thinks this is art is a chump.:p

I'm going to my garage now to contemplate the shovel hanging on the wall.

(Perhaps if I gaze at it long enough I will better understand it's deeper meaning.):D

French jurist said:

Non, monsieur that is an 'urinoir' representing Paris a city famous for its street urinals. :p

dsc7113.jpg

N'est-ce pas mignon?...and yes it's a form of art

Back