internet on iphone prepago with PERSONAL

Just using the data will activate it, 10 mb for 3g speed then it goes slow... but you be still connected at least...

Has anyone successfully activated this? I can't seem to just 'use it' ... and have also been going all over the Personal system trying to figure it out. Eventually all the plans sound the same!

Update: if you have a Blackberry, this will just not work (I guess bc you need to access THEIR network for BBM etc). You need to sign up for an actual plan.

Zissou.
I did a bit of telecom auditing.
There is one constant in the industry when t comes to tariff pricing:
you can get all the plans together , and once you analize them , there is RARELY more than a three cent difference between all the plans in existence for landline , and cell services

My fiancée and I have been using this in our unlocked iPhones and have been very happy with it. It's amazing to see the credit balance go down by only one peso per day (I rarely make calls).

We didn't have to do anything special to activate the plan; all we needed to do was to activate the card using the included instructions.

It worked in Buenos Aires and Córdoba but hasn't worked in smaller towns north of Córdoba, such as Capilla del Monte. There I got voice reception but no 3G.

I have had the Personal prepay SIM for some time and it does work. Sometimes it is hard to get the system to recognize it, especially after you run out of money. I find that if I do a full shutdown/restart of the phone it usually works after that.

Can anyone tell me what the address is of this store? I've searched for "Personal" and "L. Alem y San Martin" every which way, and can't find it. Thanks!

i went to PERSONAL, corner of L. Alem y San Martin ( right after RETIRO) and got a new chip (obviously cant keep my old number) and with it a great plan (pre-pago!!!) of 1peso a day for internet and who-knows the phone calls costs! how great is that?

There is no intersection where N Alem and San Martín meet (they run parallel). There is a Personal sucursal at Reconquista and Marcelo T de Alvear.

It looks like Personal throttles the Internet speed pretty severely. I'm getting 0.02 Mbps download and upload on my iPhone. Anyone else notice this?

Another good thing is that receiving text is free in any country you go to, unlike all companies for prepaid in US (and other countries) you get charge up to 20 c US(domestic) 50c inter'l no matter what. Refill online and save the hassle, buy packages if you talk a lot or want faster internet.

Back