Internet Providers Which one do you have?

Which provider do you have?

• Fibertel (Cable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Speedy (ADSL Telefonica)

Votes: 35 67.3%
  • Arnet (ADSL Telecom)

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other

Votes: 13 25.0%

• Total voters
In my beginning I had Fibertel (privat connection) with real shit overbooked service up to that time I have changed it to a business line. Sure higher price but every time the booked bandwidth :) call center support is very bad @ fibertel

TeleCentro and Speedy are the badest on the market here in BsAs I have ever seen on the world. Very poor bandwidth and a lot of outages of their lines.

Since 3/4 year I have METROTEL with about 3,5Mbps DOWN and 2,5Mbps UP (not a joke !!!) for 140 Pesos each month (first 6 month were for 30 Pesos each month). The UP is not only 256kBit because I have a direct Ethernet-Connection because the whole building has a fiber connection from them :D

But the service - very friendly and professional call center - is the best I have ever seen. If there is any short trouble in their network (very less) it will be fixed within some minutes and not within a whole day like Fibertel or another. Only one time I had an outage of about 2 hours because the switch on which I was connected was defective. The call center has called me after the repair if all will work fine now and if I had still any problem.

About the bandwidth I will get every time the whole speed equal the traffic comes from US or Europa in both ways - UP & DOWN. I like it :p

Well.... Sounds like it can't get worse than Telecentro so I'm happy we made the change to Fibertel... Maybe its the way to do things with provider companies here, start with the worst and work up from there. By the time you get up to terrible, things won't seem so bad.

Argentina always gets the concept and blows the execution. Make your list.
Internet, HDTV, Traffic Control, Sidewalks, Police, Customer Care, Sandwiches, and........................Pizza.
It's a cultural thing. An acquired taste.

In 7 years, and in three different places, I tried :
- Telecentro (back in 2003) = suc**d big time after awhile, customer service inexistent, I changed to :

- Arnet = suc**d big time after awhile, customer service inexistent (back in 2004 or 2005), I changed to (thinking "paying more, I will get more") :

- Fibertel = worked well at first, then started to have many problems. Waiting on the phone for 30 mins/day (sometimes they would hang up : me happy !). Last, it took them like two weeks to intervene (had no service but I still was paying). I threatened, I did everything, I was pissed off. I finally changed.

I had another french friend quite pissed off with fibertel as well : they would not answer, would not come quickly.
He finally did something really stupid but very effective (He was living in a PH with his cable going straight to the pole) : he disconnected every apparel from the cable (TV, PC), took an electric plug + an electric cable = connected the + to the inner part of the fibertel cable, and the - to the outer one, then on the other side, he inserted the plug into the 220V electric red.
MAGIC ! The next day, there were 6 or 7 fibertel technicians working in the street and had two of them in his house (looking at him with suspicion he told me, but since he plays Hold'em since 20 years, he made his poker face).
Of course, this stupid french friend is not me because I am so smart (!), and I would never do such a thing, but it worked.

More seriously, now I connect to the internet through a tethered iphone (Claro as a provider). Connection is in between 250k and 2 megas in DL, with a lot of latency (always around 500/600 ms when connecting to an US server) but it is damn stable !
I prefer a slow but stable connection (can't spend two weeks without internet).

I have Arnet since 2 years ago. NEVER had a problem.
I used fibertel for 4 years and it was a pain, always lost connection around 3 am, and if you ever wanted to call the support number or customer service, it was always bussy.
AND it was a lot more expensive. :p

I used to have Arnet in all my places and it worked relatively well until one day it went out in one of my apartments. I couldn't get the damn technicians to come for an entire week. My tenant went ape sh*t so I called Fibertel, they were there within 24 hours and installed a 5 mbps connection in no time. The wifi network took a little while to get programmed properly but once it was up and running, it was both secure and fast. I was so happy with the attention, now I have it in all my properties. I haven't ever experienced any significant down time. Once every 3-4 months it might go out for an hour at night but that's manageable.

Back