Is A Violent Insurrection Ever Morally Defensible?

Did you bother to access the link?

Sorry if I didn t need to read Wikipedia to know about Betham's philosophy. My mistake for studyng at a public university where i had to read his books instead of a resume.
I was being sarcastic because Betham's talks about "fundamental axiom, it is the greatest happiness of the greatest number that is the measure of right and wrong".

I believe that the greatest happines for the greatest number is what the government is achieving while a minority is upset because they search the greatest happiness for a minorest number, it means, an aristocracy.

Sorry if I didn t need to read Wikipedia to know about Betham's philosophy. My mistake for studyng at a public university where i had to read his books instead of a resume.
I was being sarcastic because Betham's talks about "fundamental axiom, it is the greatest happiness of the greatest number that is the measure of right and wrong".

I believe that the greatest happines for the greatest number is what the government is achieving while a minority is upset because they search the greatest happiness for a minorest number, it means, an aristocracy.
It's hard to know when someone is being sarcastic. No need to joust.
So we may agree on what should constitute the fundamental principle of governance (Social hedonism aka Utilitarianism which is like a socialized form of the Golden Rule), but I think your evaluation of the happiness quotient of her constituency is inaccurate. I would be willing to give odds that CFK's approval rating is not anywhere close to 54% today. I haven't checked what recent polls show, but I'd guess it would be less than 40%. My observation is that many, if not a majority, of blue collar and middle class Argentines are not happy with the way the country is being managed. It's not just the aristocracy or upper class that's unhappy with el modelo.

Nevertheless , I don't believe these conditions warrant an armed ressurrection. One must be able to universalize one's conduct and armed resurrection in response to current conditions would be unethical and counter-productive.

Well, the whole idea of scoring the legitimity hour per hour is just a cheap argument for those who got between 1,5% up to 18% of the votes. However, those are the same who are afraid of the re election because then, guess what...behind this argument is the idea that 54% was lucky instead of re consequense of the model.

Let´s be honest, no less than 46% is unhappy.

However, you are naive in one point. The history of this country is marked by a few who ruled by brutal force because since the univeral voted act was enacted, they never won an election again.

Well, the whole idea of scoring the legitimity hour per hour is just a cheap argument for those who got between 1,5% up to 18% of the votes.

Last night at The Congress, the focus was on Carrio scandal. By the way, she got less than 2% of the votes.

Back