Is Argentina Doomed?

mini said:
Good lord, I've created a monster!! I don't even have answers to those questions!

..... And "do you like it here in Argentina" is question number three. You must answer "Yes" on question number 3.

3. How long is a piece of string???

Sorry, I couldn't be more help!!! Just come down for a month & see. I think you'll find it very different from Colombia.

yep good advise for Rivardco, don't dare ever to think to answer differently on that one if you really appreciate your life. :)

Profesionals don't make 5000 plus. They start at about 2500-3000 and after about 5 years they will earn around 3500-4000. After that most have hit there limit. Only few(the most talented, ambitous) will ever hit 5000. That's why many have 2 jobs.

If you have a degree in engineering you will make a bit more. Lawyers, teachers, skrinks and most doctors make less

The string is as long as you want it to be :)

Thanks ... I will visit and retire to the back of the class

Gracias

rivardco, hi. I would like to think that with the recent election there is always hope for more improvement. The Argentinians have always been a resilient lot and they know when they have enough. The message for change was loud and clear in the last election (a few days ago).
Do not scratch Argentina off your list yet, the countrysides are so beautiful and no words can do them justice. Come and visit this beautiful country and pack lots of patience and a good amount of sense of humor and an open mind. The people outside of the city are just so gracious and kind - the real Argentinians (no insult intended to the portenos) in my humble opinion. Suerte.

Directly to the contrary. I am looking increasingly forward to visiting Argentina. I have been able to do a little research on this board. Obviously, I would like to do more.

Research is important to prepare and avoid making mistakes, but in the end a few days on the ground - well, there is not substitute.

I think Borges said something like "It took generations of statesmanship to stop Argentina from becoming a world power." hehe

hyperborean said:
I think Borges said something like "It took generations of statesmanship to stop Argentina from becoming a world power." hehe
:D

Love Borges' one-liners, e.g.

"The Malvinas war is like two bald men fighting over a comb".

John.St said:
:D

Love Borges' one-liners, e.g.

"The Malvinas war is like two bald men fighting over a comb".

Not to mention who gets custody of the dandruff...

"Mirrors and copulation are obscene, for they increase the numbers of mankind."

- reminds me of Albert Einstein's

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; although I'm not sure about the universe"

I think the US is more doomed than Argentina myself. All that credit and printing money is bound to catch up with the empire, sooner or later.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Iznogud Expat Life 10