Is Argentina Doomed?

soulskier said:
I think the US is more doomed than Argentina myself. All that credit and printing money is bound to catch up with the empire, sooner or later.
The US has a long record of recovering from financial and other crisis, Argentina doesn't.

As an Argentino friend said to me in reply to a question about the present crisis:

"Crisis? which crisis? we have had one long crisis, broken only by a few months of calm every now and then, during my entire life." Él tiene 51 años.

John.St said:
The US has a long record of recovering from financial and other crisis, Argentina doesn't.

As an Argentino friend said to me in reply to a question about the present crisis:

"Crisis? which crisis? we have had one long crisis, broken only by a few months of calm every now and then, in my entire life." Él tiene 51 años.

Exactly my point. I have used the analogy before, but Argentina continually has fires. The US however, has not had a fire in many years. So, they way I see it, the US is due for a big, destructive and out of control fire.

John.St said:

If that is the case, why are any of us here?

Just waiting for the next junta?

soulskier said:
Exactly my point. I have used the analogy before, but Argentina continually has fires. The US however, has not had a fire in many years. So, they way I see it, the US is due for a big, destructive and out of control fire.
Send your thanks to George double-P

steveinbsas said:
If that is the case, why are any of us here?

Just waiting for the next junta?
Me - from Danmark - because I fell in love with first a Mendocina, then with Mendoza, next forgot the girl and moved here.

Add: Oh, and I have a safe haven in Chile, if needed.

And you have no desire to become a BAexpat?

(I'm curious, as that is the name of this website.)

steveinbsas said:
And you have no desire to become a BAexpat?

(I'm curious, as that is the name of this website.)
Nope - spent a long time BsAs in 2002 and that cured me once and for all, although I have been there several times later.

Try living in Mendoza (or Córdoba, Salta, Catamarca, +++) and you'll know why - no hassle, extremely friendly natives ('¿cómo le va?', '¿se vaya bien' etc., etc.) - see my http://baexpats.org/expat-life/5585-experiencias-contrarias-mendoza.html

I picked baexpats because it seemed the best expat site in Argentina - and it is, lots of nice people - oh, that reminds me, can you borrow me 5$ :D:D - few (one ?) grumblers. Re. also e.g. soulskier who lives in Bariloche, but who have joined the BA.

There is a socalled 'Mendoza Expats Club' in MDZ, but it isn't really, as it is a requirement for membership, that you run a bussiness in the province - I don't.

John.St said:
I picked baexpats because it seemed the best expat site in Argentina - and it is, lots of nice people - oh, that reminds me, can you borrow me 5$ :D:D - few (one ?) grumblers. Re. also e.g. soulskier who lives in Bariloche, but who have joined the BA.

Es la verdad. Us in the interior have to ride on your coat tails. Thanks for being so accepting!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Iznogud Expat Life 10