Is it better to apply for visa from inside or outside the country?

SecretShopper

Registered
I'm starting to think that the consulates still won't be processing visas by the time I can enter Argentina. I already have everything I need to apply for the student visa (well in a couple weeks I'll have the apostilled background check).

Are there any advantages to applying from outside the country?

Someone mentioned that if I applied using Radex from inside the country then I'd need a background check from Argentina. How would that work if I have virtually no time in the country?

How long of a process would it be to apply for student visa from inside the country?

Thanks!

Are there any advantages to applying from outside the country?

In the past others posted they had to pay a $600 USD fee if they applied at a consulate, while the fee for applying in the country was (and no doubt still is) much lower.

Someone mentioned that if I applied using Radex from inside the country then I'd need a background check from Argentina. How would that work if I have virtually no time in the country?

How much time you have been in the country is not important. You can apply for the report immediately.

PS: As Renzi, noted, you can get the report at a consulate even if you have never set foot in Argentina. It's reqired either way.

Hopefully not the 2 years, 9 months, and 21 days my recently concluded (under a different category) process took.

Longer than I hoped for. When does the time start counting towards the 183 day requirement. Is it when you receive your DNI?

From the date the application is approved (disposicion protocolizada), i.e., the date on the minute signed by the delegate. The minute appears to you on the system. (The DNI reaches your hands three to four weeks later.)

Longer than I hoped for. When does the time start counting towards the 183 day requirement. Is it when you receive your DNI?
What "183 day requirement" are you referring to regarding a student visa (if that's what you are applying for)?

Back