Is It Democratic To Elect A Dictator Or A Lunatic ?

Haha, you are obviously a member of the public that I mentioned which is caught in the false paradigm. How's that working out for you? Please, don't be so naive phil. If voting really made any kind of a difference then we wouldn't be allowed to do it.
What exactly is the false paradigm I'm trapped in? Do tell...

Don't be so suspicious cali. If wining elections didn't matter, there wouldn't be so many people interested in trying to influence them.

Blah blah blah.

If you really think advances in healthcare, education, human rights, equality etc all would have happened irrespective of who was in office you are spectacularly missing the point of taking part in the democratic process. True, there are many things voting will not change - but there are many things it can, and those things matter. Maybe not to you, but they sure as shit do to others.

You've completely missed the point of my post. You've taken what I said and gone a completely different direction. Have fun with your one sided conversation. Idiot.

What exactly is the false paradigm I'm trapped in? Do tell... Don't be so suspicious cali. If wining elections didn't matter, there wouldn't be so many people interested in trying to influence them.

[background=transparent]I'm not being suspicious at all. I'm just calling it the way I see it. [background=transparent]I'm not talking about the election for mayor or dog catcher. I'm talking about presidential elections, elections that really matter. If you think there's a major difference between left vs. right, if you think choosing among established political parties will make some kind of real difference in the world then you are only deluding yourself. NOTHING will change. You need only look at Obama, the candidate for hope & change, and the betrayal he has bestowed upon America and the world. He's gone against just about everything he campaigned on. [/background][/background]

Here's a perfect example of a candidate who campaigned for peace and was a vocal critic of the Iraq war:

Projected US nuclear weapons spending hits $1 TRILLION – just five years after Obama's Nobel Peace Prize
http://www.dailymail...ixzz3E7HDrySM��

Here's four different US Presidents, both democrats & republicans, discussing some kind of military action in Iraq. I see this as simply a passing of the baton. I tag out, you tag in. The war isn't meant to be won or lost. It's only meant to be continued.

Obama becomes fourth US president in a row to go on TV and announce Iraq bombings
http://www.independe...gs-9735707.html

When it comes to war, something that really matters, you can be guaranteed that the US will be at the forefront of creating & fighting some kind of conflict, whether it be a dem or a repub in office. War is the biggest business there is and war is the health of the state.

[background=transparent]I'm not being suspicious at all. I'm just calling it the way I see it. [background=transparent]I'm not talking about the election for mayor or dog catcher. I'm talking about presidential elections, elections that really matter. If you think there's a major difference between left vs. right, if you think choosing among established political parties will make some kind of real difference in the world then you are only deluding yourself. NOTHING will change. You need only look at Obama, the candidate for hope & change, and the betrayal he has bestowed upon America and the world. He's gone against just about everything he campaigned on. [/background][/background]

Here's a perfect example of a candidate who campaigned for peace and was a vocal critic of the Iraq war:

Projected US nuclear weapons spending hits $1 TRILLION – just five years after Obama's Nobel Peace Prize
http://www.dailymail...ixzz3E7HDrySM��

Here's four different US Presidents, both democrats & republicans, discussing some kind of military action in Iraq. I see this as simply a passing of the baton. I tag out, you tag in. The war isn't meant to be won or lost. It's only meant to be continued.

Obama becomes fourth US president in a row to go on TV and announce Iraq bombings
http://www.independe...gs-9735707.html

When it comes to war, something that really matters, you can be guaranteed that the US will be at the forefront of creating & fighting some kind of conflict, whether it be a dem or a repub in office. War is the biggest business there is and war is the health of the state.

I don't agree with you about obama but lets leave the US aside for a second for some clearer illustrations closer to home.

Do you honestly think that Venezuela would be in the same place it is today if Capriles had won? Or Argentina, had Cristina been sent packing?

I don't agree with you about obama but lets leave the US aside for a second for some clearer illustrations closer to home.

Do you honestly think that Venezuela would be in the same place it is today if Capriles had won? Or Argentina, had Cristina been sent packing?
Pretty close actually, maybe a little faster/slower moving down the path but not substantially different.

You've completely missed the point of my post. You've taken what I said and gone a completely different direction. Have fun with your one sided conversation. Idiot.

Well, yes, he or she has taken what you said in a meaningful direction. When you start calling people names, you might look in the mirror first.

Mostly YES.

Well, yes, he or she has taken what you said in a meaningful direction. When you start calling people names, you might look in the mirror first.

Please, his response was rude and he had no intention of engaging in any meaningful discussion. Rather than seeking to clarify my position, he decided to go off on a tangent. I responded to him in kind.

Also, you're one to talk. The majority of your posts & responses to those who disagree with you are sarcastic one liners that contribute nothing to the debate. You use innuendo and sub text in order to subtly insult and condescend to others. Hypocrite much?

I don't agree with you about obama but lets leave the US aside for a second for some clearer illustrations closer to home. Do you honestly think that Venezuela would be in the same place it is today if Capriles had won? Or Argentina, had Cristina been sent packing?

Yes I do.

Please, his response was rude and he had no intention of engaging in any meaningful discussion. Rather than seeking to clarify my position, he decided to go off on a tangent. I responded to him in kind.

Also, you're one to talk. The majority of your posts & responses to those who disagree with you are sarcastic one liners that contribute nothing to the debate. You use innuendo and sub text in order to subtly insult and condescend to others. Hypocrite much?

You seem to be an expert at finding things that aren't there.

Back