Is Latness Acceptable? Professional Courtesy !

thanks for pointing out the obvious.

I was waiting for a comment like that. lol
Lateness or Latness,
After working 12 hours I'm sorry about one spelling mistake. Especially the most obvious place in a title......
I guess now my point has gone sine lateness was spelled incorrectly..

I hope my next client wont be lat........ I hate latness.
Drives me nuts,
r.

RyanHairStylist said:
thanks for pointing out the obvious.

I was waiting for a comment like that. lol
Lateness or Latness,
After working 12 hours I'm sorry about one spelling mistake. Especially the most obvious place in a title......
I guess now my point has gone sine lateness was spelled incorrectly..

I hope my next client wont be lat........ I hate latness.
Drives me nuts,
r.

What I have noticed that some people do, is to give appointments to 3 or 4 people all at the same hour. They get covered because they know people are late, so in turn they star with whomever shows up first... this is something very rude to do especially if the one coming is punctual, like I am I have faced 1 hour waits due to this... I guess it goes both ways :p

I've had to wait long times in London too....it's not just here. And somedays, the traffic is unpredictably bad due to manifestaciones etc and it's not easy to get the timing right.

steveinbsas said:
Way down here in the south of Prov. Bs As. (Punta Alta/Bahia Blanca) people are almost always on time.

If not, they are early!

People live by a "code" here and they are proud of it.

(Just like me.);)

This probably has a lot to do with the culture of the people who settled your neighborhood vs the the people who settled Buenos Aires. Especially with regards to the last 80 to 130 years.

I'll leave it at that.

In New York, many high-end salons, restaurants, spas, and dentists require a valid credit card number in order to hold the reservation. That way, if you're late or a no-show, they can (rightfully) charge you for taking up their time. It's too bad that Argentina is such a cash-only society, because I bet that booking with a credit card would encourage more than a few Argentines to get their asses in gear a bit earlier :)

For me in real estate the problem is that people make appointments and do not even show up . I ask for more details these days when making appointments including DNI number.

When people do not show up in many cases they do everything to not answer my phonecalls nor say sorry . It seems a Porteño characteristic to not say sorry or apologise for your behaviour.

If people do show up they are mostly on time suprisingly . Its the 15% that do not show up that bother me

steveinbsas said:
Way down here in the south of Prov. Bs As. (Punta Alta/Bahia Blanca) people are almost always on time.

If not, they are early!

People live by a "code" here and they are proud of it.

(Just like me.);)

That's maybe because that is an area heavily populated by military (esp. in Punta Alta)

I didn't get that the first time around. That's probably why he wrote "code" in quotation marks. And then compared himself to those peeps. I think ol' Steve is CIA/ex-military.

Sometimes I think that I could have used a little stint in the service.

Our chiropractor charges you for 1 session if you do not show up. I think it's great.

Our eye doctor is a time Nazi and I love that as well....

The only times when I am late (purposely) is at social gatherings.

nativexpat said:
Our chiropractor charges you for 1 session if you do not show up. I think it's great.

Our eye doctor is a time Nazi and I love that as well....

The only times when I am late (purposely) is at social gatherings.

There's a lot of Nazi love in this country. :eek: .... ;)

I had a birthday party 3 1/2 years ago (2007) on the eve of Cristina's & Macri's election. It officially started at 7pm because we had to vacate the roof at 1am and I didn't want people showing up at midnight, or later, for the festivities.

I asked people to be somewhat punctual (hoping for 9pm arrivals).

Well a German girl brought her German friend at 6:55pm and asked if they were too early. So they walked around the neighborhood (near the Recoleta Cemetery) for about 10 minutes.

At 6:59pm a Danish friend showed up. She ended up staying and helping with the food prep.

I think another German may have showed up by 7:15pm.

I'm a big fan of the Germanic/Scandinavian value of time. It's just comforting to know that you can depend on them to respect your time.

Back