Is Mayor Macri Improving The Lives Of Porteños?

Is Mayor Macri Improving The Lives Of Porteños?

• Yes

Votes: 43 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 25 36.8%

• Total voters
Ideology irrelevant? is the same a democrat than a republican? a peronista than a radical? somebody who likes the pro than somebody who likes the Fap? somebody who traditionally votes for the PP in Spain than PSoe? somebody who likes Franco and someone who doesnt? Or Bush? Or Merkel? or Hitler? how can you say ideology doesnt matter!! there has been wars for ideology!! revolutions, dictatorships! Billions of lives changed 180 grades because of the ideology!!!

You re a little ignorant I think.

Argentine politicians, including Cristina and to a lesser degree Macri, are not ideologues. They are nothing more, or less, than opportunists. If there were truth in labelling, Peronismo would change its name to Oportunismo.

Now look, I'm not much of a Macri fan. But some of the things you say sound a bit unreasonable. It sounds as if you have taken sides politically. This is never a good idea. Never support any party or politician without constantly questioning them. Politicians are all corrupt greedy jerks, with a few exceptions. Wake up.

"Menem made the trains private. The private company didn t invest in manteinance. The accident allowed the government to cancel the contract."

It's still the president's and governments responsibility to make sure the public transit system is safe to use. If Cristina or whoever really wanted to, she would have made sure it was at least safe. If the business in question was not making the railways safe, then that is a breach of contract. It could have been cancelled any time. The fact of the matter is that it was not convenient or politically cost effective to spend money on something like that, when it can be used for some other politically beneficial measure.

"The big issue with the subways is that are private and they have to be expropiated because they are a mess because thouse guys didn t invest one dime. But Macri does the Metrobus because he doesn t want to deal with the real problem."

Perhaps. I am suspicious your comment sounds overly simplistic here. Once again, no politician wants to touch the subways because it's probably not politically expedient to do so. Macri probably upgraded line A trains as a political ploy, taking advantage of the train wreck to score some political points. I doubt it would have happened without the train crash.

"He also has allergy to cancel contracts to privates, what kind of suicide precedent is that? His family makes a living of getting contract from the State."

Political cronyism is nothing new. It happens in my country all the time. It's very frustrating. Cristina pulls this kind of stuff too. I wouldn't be a bit surprised that what you say is true.

The guy before Macri was Ibarra and you know what: there were no issues with trash on the streets. The city become dirty since Macri, so then he can do busisness with the containers. The same happends with the telephone companies: Before to private them, Maria Julia boycot them while she was saying on TV they need to be in private hand to be well administrated.

"Please note: the guy before Macri was Telerman. I was referring to him. It's true there was an issue with the trash because there was a conflict between Provincia and Capital. However, that is a limited conflict. As far as I can tell the dirtiness of the city is more or less the same as it was 7 or 8 years ago. That's just my opinion though."

By the way, the schools were a lot better with Ibarra, there were 30% more teachers than now.

Whether they were better with Ibarra or not, I don't know, but 30% more teachers does not a better school make. That's not very good evidence there.

"The subway lines you are talking about never were so slow since Macri is there. Remember that he sells cars...
But Ibarra was the obe who built them most:"
http://www.flickr.co...les/5919722377/

By slow, I am guessing you meant that the building of subways was never so slow. Here's another thing, in Argentina, just because someone starts something, doesn't mean anything. Under Nestor's guidance, they were going to cleanse the Riachuelo. Should he get credit for that? No one gets credit for anything until it actually gets done. Otherwise, someone just stole the money.

Fernando De la Rúa - Enrique Olivera (1996 - 2000): 5,51 kilómetros
Aníbal Ibarra (2000 - 2003 y 2003 - 2006): 10,76 kilómetros.
Jorge Telerman (2006 - 2007): 1 kilómetro
Mauricio Macri (2007 - 2011): 5,49 kilómetros virtuales (en realidad solo 450 metros operativos propios)

"The other infrastructure work about the flooding you mention were started by...guess what, it wasn t Macri, sorry about that, it was Ibarra."

Yes, but under Macri, it is actually happening. Someone didn't just steal that funds. That counts for something.

"Los costosos túneles aliviadores comenzados durante el gobierno de Aníbal Ibarra iniciados hacia el 2001"

http://es.wikipedia....rroyo_Maldonado

"Ibarra was an outstanding mayor who was able to do all those infraestructure working without taking loans."

Outstanding? Hmmmmm....not so sure about that.

"I agree with you about the Metrobus in Juan B Justo. do you know that the new Metrobus cost 160.000.000 pesos? don t you think that the subway can be improved a lot with this money? Because there is a big lie about Metrobus: People who use cars are not going to use metrobus because the big issue with the 9 de Julio is that it connects 3 higways."

Don't know about the Metrobus, and the cost. It sounds expensive, but right now in Argentina, building is expensive. I'm sure Macri gave the work to people he knows and likes or to his own businesses. I don't know about the Metrobus in 9 de Julio and if it's good or not. Everyone complained about the one on Juan B. Justo, and now that it is there I am glad it is there. Traffic is better, and people who don't use a car get from one end to the other rather quickly.

"You want a real solution: In korea they united there ticket of the metrobus and the subway. So, you can prohibite the buses in 9 de Julio and the buses go until some subway station, you continue by subway until Constitucion and there you continue by bus all with the same ticket."

I'm sure that would be great, but all that costs money. You have to pay for all that. I like it, but will it happen? Probably not."

"I believe that if the city is going into bankrupsy, then Macri is super corrupt and that s why he spends so much money in his marketing team. His father is famous because he made the money with corrupt busisness, so I don t trust him."

I'm glad you don't trust him. But the one who is spending our tax dollars on her own "marketing" and staying power most is Cristina. Cristina is embezzling millions out to Cuba, where it then goes out to her European bank accounts. How much taxes get spent on reelection and how much will she now spend that elections are coming? What is more concerning is that Argentina might be headed to bankruptcy.

"Just google estafa + macri + netbooks
He paid 185.000.000 dollars of overpriced netbooks."

What else is new? Government waste? If you want to look at waste, it starts at the top.

This is an article about his past:
http://diariogazeta....-el-futuro.html

So, no, he is not less corrupt.

Wake up, my friend. Cristina is not the answer, or Scioli, etc. etc. Oh, her husband might have done a thing or two that are good long term, but she is going to bring this country to its knees. Just think that this woman was with Menem. Scioli was with Menem. Nearly all these politicians were with Menem. They are all completely self serving thieves. You are right to not trust Macri, but wrong to trust the current government, or pretty much any politician in power right now for that matter.

Argentine politicians, including Cristina and to a lesser degree Macri, are not ideologues. They are nothing more, or less, than opportunists. If there were truth in labelling, Peronismo would change its name to Oportunismo.

But they do have ideology. Macris ideology is the one that governated this country in the 90s, the one that stand for privatizations, neoliberal, small state, call it how you want. Cristina stands for the public school, for the big state, keynes, centre-left, you call it, its opposed to Macris ideology, she stands for the big state, the public services and enterprizes, like YPF, or the AFJP. They were MONTONEROS, an extreme left wing of peronismo in the 70s. Thats where she came from.
You cant say theyre totally the same because they have totally opposite models of societies, one based in the State other based in the market.
That is PURE ideology.

Corruption and how politics evolve, with ups and downs, back and forth, march and countermarch, etc, it has to do to the context, of how their ideologies get represented here and now, in this country in this century. But it isnt exempt of ideology.

But they do have ideology. Macris ideology is the one that governated this country in the 90s, the one that stand for privatizations, neoliberal, small state, call it how you want. Cristina stands for the public school, for the big state, keynes, centre-left, you call it, its opposed to Macris ideology, she stands for the big state, the public services and enterprizes, like YPF, or the AFJP. They were MONTONEROS, an extreme left wing of peronismo in the 70s. Thats where she came from.
You cant say theyre totally the same because they have totally opposite models of societies, one based in the State other based in the market.
That is PURE ideology.

Corruption and how politics evolve, with ups and downs, back and forth, march and countermarch, etc, it has to do to the context, of how their ideologies get represented here and now, in this country in this century. But it isnt exempt of ideology.

No, it is puro Oportunismo. If Cristina and her lackeys thought it was personally advantageous, they would be the first to embrace market fundamentalism.

Maybe who knows? But what we know is that she was a montonera in the 70s and today, as a president, defend -with nuances- the same ideology of those days.

Ideology irrelevant? is the same a democrat than a republican? a peronista than a radical? somebody who likes the pro than somebody who likes the Fap? somebody who traditionally votes for the PP in Spain than PSoe? somebody who likes Franco and someone who doesnt? Or Bush? Or Merkel? or Hitler? how can you say ideology doesnt matter!! there has been wars for ideology!! revolutions, dictatorships! Billions of lives changed 180 grades because of the ideology!!!

You re a little ignorant I think.

Youre missing something

10922_298071683654720_446790767_n.jpg

Lord, of course he is. He might not be the best mayor in to world, but everything he has done for the city is absolutely great, can't wait to ride the new A Line trains in a few days.

The bike lanes, the Metropolitan Police, the cameras all around (makes me feel in London again!), the way they are taking care of the city, the roads, the sidewalks, it's wonderful. I don't like the Metrobus that much and I haven't used it yet either, but it seems good.

At least we don't have a Kirchnerist mayor.

C6lYjlL.jpg

Cristina: left wing

A multimillionaire left wing with Louboutin shoes?
North Korea´s real name is Democratic People´s Republic of Korea.
Oh the irony.
As a social democrat I get a little offended that someone would believe that she is really left wing in her heart and that North Korea is a democracy :(

Left and right are never irrelevant anywhere. Saying left and right is the same in Argentina is simplifying a bit, dont you think?

You are right in a way, but in Argentina peronism has sadly destroyed the concept of left and right.

Back