Is Mayor Macri Improving The Lives Of Porteños?

Is Mayor Macri Improving The Lives Of Porteños?

• Yes

Votes: 43 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 25 36.8%

• Total voters
Buy AR bonds in dollars and you are going to get dollars. So, the answer is: while Macri is creating debt, she is paying it. Of course is nicer to expend money you don t have than to pay the debt.

Didn't one of the provinces have to pay it's "dollar" bonds in pesos?

A lot of the city's most recent debt comes from the subte. So let me see if i understand the opposition here? The federal government transfers all control for a public service on the cusp of turning into a disaster like the Sarmiento crash without transferring any of the funds that previously supported it and the city, tasked with maintaining, refurbishing and expanding it, is not supposed to raise taxes, raise ticket prices, nor take on debt?

Menem made the trains private. The private company didn t invest in manteinance. The accident allowed the government to cancel the contract.

The big issue with the subways is that are private and they have to be expropiated because they are a mess because thouse guys didn t invest one dime. But Macri does the Metrobus because he doesn t want to deal with the real problem.

He also has allergy to cancel contracts to privates, what kind of suicide precedent is that? His family makes a living of getting contract from the State.

Is he improving citizens of Cap. Fed.'s lives? I would say yes. The guy before Macri did ZERO. He put up some trash cans. At least Macri is making an attempt to do something! No, I am not a huge fan of Macri, but I will say that he is making some sort of attempt to tackle some of the problems that plague the city. They are extremely complex problems that likely don't have much of a solution without a real makeover of the whole country. I think the metrobus on Juan B. Justo was a good move. He is attempting to fix the flooding. He's trying to open another subway line, has taken the warning of Once to change out the subway cars, has actually made a half hearted attempt at fixing the potholed streets, and other things. Public schools and hospitals have continued to go downhill. He is for privatizing all that stuff. Can't say I agree wholeheartedly with that strategy, but at least he is attempting to acknowledge issues and fix them instead of trying to play cover up. I don't particularly care for him, but he is better than 90 percent of the politicians in this country. Less corrupt? Perhaps. Maybe just a little. I wouldn't trust him further than I can throw a stick though.

The guy before Macri was Ibarra and you know what: there were no issues with trash on the streets. The city become dirty since Macri, so then he can do busisness with the containers. The same happends with the telephone companies: Before to private them, Maria Julia boycot them while she was saying on TV they need to be in private hand to be well administrated.

By the way, the schools were a lot better with Ibarra, there were 30% more teachers than now.

The subway lines you are talking about never were so slow since Macri is there. Remember that he sells cars...
But Ibarra was the obe who built them most:
http://www.flickr.co...les/5919722377/

Fernando De la Rúa - Enrique Olivera (1996 - 2000): 5,51 kilómetros
Aníbal Ibarra (2000 - 2003 y 2003 - 2006): 10,76 kilómetros.
Jorge Telerman (2006 - 2007): 1 kilómetro
Mauricio Macri (2007 - 2011): 5,49 kilómetros virtuales (en realidad solo 450 metros operativos propios)

The other infrastructure work about the flooding you mention were started by...guess what, it wasn t Macri, sorry about that, it was Ibarra.

"Los costosos túneles aliviadores comenzados durante el gobierno de Aníbal Ibarra iniciados hacia el 2001"

http://es.wikipedia....rroyo_Maldonado

Ibarra was an outstanding mayor who was able to do all those infraestructure working without taking loans.

I agree with you about the Metrobus in Juan B Justo. do you know that the new Metrobus cost 160.000.000 pesos? don t you think that the subway can be improved a lot with this money? Because there is a big lie about Metrobus: People who use cars are not going to use metrobus because the big issue with the 9 de Julio is that it connects 3 higways.

You want a real solution: In korea they united the ticket of the metrobus and the subway. So, you can prohibite the buses in 9 de Julio and the buses go until some subway station, you continue by subway until Constitucion and there you continue by bus all with the same ticket.

I believe that if the city is going into bankrupsy, then Macri is super corrupt and that s why he spends so much money in his marketing team. His father is famous because he made the money with corrupt busisness, so I don t trust him.

Just google estafa + macri + netbooks
He paid 185.000.000 dollars of overpriced netbooks.

This is an article about his past:
http://diariogazeta....-el-futuro.html

So, no, he is not less corrupt.

The city is dirtier than it has been in my time here- 5 years. And yes, the parks are cleaner- because they all have fences around them. Even some of the trees now have their little black cages. It really closes things up. Not the most progressive guy in town...

The city is dirtier than it has been in my time here- 5 years. And yes, the parks are cleaner- because they all have fences around them. Even some of the trees now have their little black cages. It really closes things up. Not the most progressive guy in town...

Fencing the parks disturbs me, but so does vandalism. There's no easy answer to this.

I'd prefer the parks weren't fenced but the ones that are not get completely trashed, so I'm glad for the fencing.

Back