Is Mayor Macri Improving The Lives Of Porteños?

Is Mayor Macri Improving The Lives Of Porteños?

• Yes

Votes: 43 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 25 36.8%

• Total voters
The city is dirtier than it has been in my time here- 5 years. And yes, the parks are cleaner- because they all have fences around them. Even some of the trees now have their little black cages. It really closes things up. Not the most progressive guy in town...

The Politicians can't change the mentality of the Argentine people. They love to litter, leave their dogs shit all over the place. Things won't improve in that aspect until they start to educate people into caring for there environment. Not difficult to carry a little bag for your dogs shit, you only need to walk a block or two until you find a bin, that includes trash thrown out of windows of moving cars or by pedestrians. Everybody loves to carry on and whinge about everything but never offer any solutions to the problems. A few hundred trees being removed and replanted for the sake of easing congestion on 9 de julio isn't the end of the world, you want to talk about other factors detrimental to the environment, wont be the replanting of trees, but the fact that 70% of the cars on the road aren't road worthy. I don't know about all you but I don't like coming home after being in the city for an hour smelling like I have been working in a coal mine.

The Politicians can't change the mentality of the Argentine people. They love to litter, leave their dogs shit all over the place. Things won't improve in that aspect until they start to educate people into caring for there environment. Not difficult to carry a little bag for your dogs shit, you only need to walk a block or two until you find a bin, that includes trash thrown out of windows of moving cars or by pedestrians. Everybody loves to carry on and whinge about everything but never offer any solutions to the problems. A few hundred trees being removed and replanted for the sake of easing congestion on 9 de julio isn't the end of the world, you want to talk about other factors detrimental to the environment, wont be the replanting of trees, but the fact that 70% of the cars on the road aren't road worthy. I don't know about all you but I don't like coming home after being in the city for an hour smelling like I have been working in a coal mine.

The dog droppings situation is improving, though not fast enough for my taste. I presume your statistic about roadworthy cars is simply rhetorical, but it's true that many vehicles are road hazards in their own right.

The dog droppings situation is improving, though not fast enough for my taste. I presume your statistic about roadworthy cars is simply rhetorical, but it's true that many vehicles are road hazards in their own right.

Yep it was rhetorical, just by my judgement. The amount of smog coming out of the cars, new and old is not healthy for anyone. I understand not everyone has the money for a new car, but a little bit of upkeep never hurt anybody. Once again, I know money is a factor but in order to improve the country you will need to start somewhere and though it will be unpopular sometimes unpopular is necessary, just my opinion.

Well, yes, and then Cristina is Isabelita. Macri has his shortcomings, but ad hominem attacks tell us nothing.

Isabelita: moderate right wing of peronism
Cristina: left wing

Macri: right, he IS indeed menemista, and I know this because I worked for him. I used to write weekly reports in his former party "Compromiso Para el Cambio" explaining the main cause of the extreme poverty we had in 2001 was due the 90s decade reforms and they corrected me every single time (thats why I quitted), arguing that they had the 90 decade as a model. He consagrates the 90s decade, and if it was for him, he would privatize everything again.

[Of course, since they were one of the rich that became richest while the country went down.]

They represent the same people who stand and stood for dictatorships in this country, and banks, multinationals, hedge funds, IMF, etc
They do have a "red clientelar" in villas in Quilmes, with punteros and all. They have a very deep connection with Bocas "barra brava".
They usually get support and make policies from the US embassy.
They want a small State and subsidios to the richest.

Yep it was rhetorical, just by my judgement. The amount of smog coming out of the cars, new and old is not healthy for anyone. I understand not everyone has the money for a new car, but a little bit of upkeep never hurt anybody. Once again, I know money is a factor but in order to improve the country you will need to start somewhere and though it will be unpopular sometimes unpopular is necessary, just my opinion.

It's not just smog - many vehicles have broken headlights and taillights, or no headlights and taillights, or worse. Many junkers are so slow that recklessly impatient drivers - who are so abundant in Argentina - do dangerous maneuvers to get around them.

Isabelita: moderate right wing of peronism
Cristina: left wing

Macri: right, he IS indeed menemista, and I know this because I worked for him. I used to write weekly reports in his former party "Compromiso Para el Cambio" explaining the main cause of the extreme poverty we had in 2001 was due the 90s decade reforms and they corrected me every single time (thats why I quitted), arguing that they had the 90 decade as a model. He consagrates the 90s decade, and if it was for him, he would privatize everything again.

[Of course, since they were ones of the rich that became richest while the country went down.]

They represent the same people who stand and stood for dictatorships in this country, and banks, multinationals, hedge funds, IMF, etc
They do have a "red clientelar" in villas in Quilmes, with punteros and all. They have a very deep connection with Bocas "barra brava".
They usually get support and make policies from the US embassy.
They want a small State and subsidios to the richest.

Left and right are irrelevant in Argentina. All politics is personal here.

Left and right are never irrelevant anywhere. Saying left and right is the same in Argentina is simplifying a bit, dont you think?

Minimizing the whole history of a country, including revolutions, coupes d etat, dictatorships, parties prohibitions, unions leaders killed, bloody repression and a huge etcetera... I mean that has to go somewhere.

Saying is the same is like assuming people has no ideoilogy, nor tradition for a party or other...

Left and right are never irrelevant anywhere. Saying left and right is the same in Argentina is simplifying a bit, dont you think?

Minimizing the whole history of a country, including revolutions, coupes d etat, dictatorships, parties prohibitions, unions leaders killed, bloody repression and a huge etcetera... I mean that has to go somewhere.

Saying is the same is like assuming people has no ideoilogy, nor tradition for a party or other...

Ideology is utterly irrelevant. Devotion to Cristina is paramount.

Menem made the trains private. The private company didn t invest in manteinance. The accident allowed the government to cancel the contract.

Yes Cristina needs contracts to expire before she can do anything about any of the problems in the country.

She doesn't just go out and take companies willy nilly now does she!
:lol:

Damn those contracts preventing repatriation!

bkoktre.gif

Ideology is utterly irrelevant. Devotion to Cristina is paramount.

Ideology irrelevant? is the same a democrat than a republican? a peronista than a radical? somebody who likes the pro than somebody who likes the Fap? somebody who traditionally votes for the PP in Spain than PSoe? somebody who likes Franco and someone who doesnt? Or Bush? Or Merkel? or Hitler? how can you say ideology doesnt matter!! there has been wars for ideology!! revolutions, dictatorships! Billions of lives changed 180 grades because of the ideology!!!

You re a little ignorant I think.

Back