Is Mayor Macri Improving The Lives Of Porteños?

Is Mayor Macri Improving The Lives Of Porteños?

• Yes

Votes: 43 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 25 36.8%

• Total voters
A multimillionaire left wing with Louboutin shoes?
North Korea´s real name is Democratic People´s Republic of Korea.
Oh the irony.
As a social democrat I get a little offended that someone would believe that she is really left wing in her heart and that North Korea is a democracy :(

You are right in a way, but in Argentina peronism has sadly destroyed the concept of left and right.

Its not what is her, is what she represents, all the progres here (the liberals in America) simpathyses with her, and the way she governs is under that ideology. YPF nationalization, the AFJPs to the State, the subsidios to the poor, the taxes to some big corporations, the 125, etc. Of course she is a millionaire (most of that she has stolen) like any other important politician, but that does not matter if we talk of how she leads the country.

About left and right, its true that in its beggining and under the Libertadora dictatorship (up to Videla I would say, from 1946 to 1976) left and right were opaqued by peronism, probably because we were in a welfare society, and liberalism (in an economic sense) wasnt trendy precisely, but since Peron death, peronism disappeared and got cutted into pieces and then left and right re appeared.
Menem was right and Cristina is left. They have nothinhg in common, NOTHING. Not even peronism. The 90s were the time where peronism died as it was along the XXth century, although lots of people voted peronism with Menem.

So Menem wasnt peronism but he cleverly used its platform and its net of punteros to win.
Cristina (mostly in her speech but not only there) stands for the historical issues linked to peronism: equality, internal market, mobility, economic growth, social inclusion, etc totally other society, in fact the opposite, than the one of Menem.

Well said itsybit....protectionist isolationist is a better definition of Argentina, until this country can break free of tainting all politics with peronism vs military dictatorships and or menem's corporatist disaster it is bound to repeat the mistakes of the past ad infinitum. I am a broken record at this stage, but the real hope for the future is to meet somewhere in the centre. Policies designed to find a home for Argentina in terms of world trade and finance but which will promote social inclusion.

Tough nut to crack, am not really convinced Macri has these objectives in mind, the current lunatic isolationists certainly don't.

Yeah, I suspect more poor comms / PR has made a thorny bed for Macri and his lackeys. Maybe we'll be proved wrong!

Some of the CABA problems like flooding and traffic are 100 years old, or the villas
This is the point, they see Macri as the one person that made the city what it is today....
The villas like the one in Retiro started getting bigger around De la Rua, and the piquetes in microcentro didn't happend till around the same time... there where strikes, of course, but all this problems started with the last 15 years. I am not saying that there weren't any villas... there where, but not as big as now.
It is not Macris fault that there are this many villas, or that they get bigger every day, thats THE WHOLE government, Macris and Cristinas government.
As for the social help that many get... I work in the gobierno de la ciudad, Health ministry.. and I'm a Social Scientist. My office is the one that checks every legal aspect for the Ministry... I can tell you that my special task here is to see the works that are being done in the Hospitals that Ciudad manages, and THERE IS a lot been done for them... the problem is..:
The city of Buenos Aires Hospitals take care of ALMOST, (because someone is gonna say otherwise and they don't know if it is like this and I do know), Paraguay, Uruguay, Chile, Peru, Bolivia AND OUR WHOLE country, not only the city of Buenos Aires.
There are for example, people that come here from Bolivia to the hospitals or here, the Ministry, and request for doctors appointment for 20 people, they get dates for like 3 months ahead and they go back home, get those people and ride a bus here... and get the whole health system for free, using our needles, cotton, etc. and they don't pay anything. I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN IT, and know that the Gobierno isn't supposed to take care of someone that doesn't show a city of buenos aires address in their DNI, but they give them the appointment anyway. How is supposed to the gobierno de la ciudad, to pay for our entire country and the countries around us health system? Wouldn't it be right if every Municipio actually used the money they get and spend it in THEIR hospitals? Every municipio has it's hospital, the thing is that nobody remembers that, because everyone assumes that they have to come to Buenos Aires to get their regular checks in our city's hospitals for free, and there's the fact that when something is missing from them... they say Macri doesn't spend enough money on them.. people should get informed better before talking about what ever :p

I think your own the right track being sceptical of all (Argentine) politicians, though I'd ditch the ethnic qualifier and just go after the lot of them.

This was supposed to be about Macri, though, so I'm not sure where CFK comes in

This has everything to do with Cristina. Most bad/corrupted actions taken by Cristina have direct effect on CABA ! and then Macri has to deal with it. The millions of extra poor people, many imported from bordering countries and many others "imported" from devastated kirchnerista provinces go straight to CABA. A larger amount of these people go to BA Province, another kichnerista meca and as mentioned before, most of them also use and abuse CABA services. Macri and all of us CABA citizens have to maintain all of that !

That said, while there are plenty of things to criticse the current federal gov't for, being a worse spender than Macri just doesn't hold up with the statistics. They (more by obligation than ideology) have a GDP to debt ratio in the 30's (compared to US which is around 75, Greece was 170 and Japan regularly flirts with 200). And the country still has excellent reserves.

what ??? the country has excellentn reserves ???? they only thing our federal reserves have plenty of are "paga dios" checks !! Macri and the CABA is basically the only district in the whole country that has its numbers in order. It´s not in red numbers !! most other provinces/districts are pretty much ready to declare bunkrupcy...good example is kirchnerista probvincia de buenos aires that cannot afford to pay teachers or aguinaldos !!! or anything else for that matter !!

Macri's administration however does have access to credit and it has taken full advantage of that, trebling the modest amount left by Ibarra/Timmerman. He's an old school LatAm politician in the Menem/Goni/Fujimori mould: preaching austerity whilst taking on massive debt. But there are generally enough people ignorant enough in economics and history to echo the austerity drivel until one of them gets elected.

No district in the country has access to credit !!! another legacy of corrupted and inept cristina !! the only possible credit that macri can take is from the banco interamericano de desarrollo...and even this has to be signed off by the president of the country, again, crooked cristina !! so, what massive dept is he taking ?

Its not what is her, is what she represents, all the progres here (the liberals in America) simpathyses with her, and the way she governs is under that ideology. YPF nationalization, the AFJPs to the State, the subsidios to the poor, the taxes to some big corporations, the 125, etc. Of course she is a millionaire (most of that she has stolen) like any other important politician, but that does not matter if we talk of how she leads the country.

About left and right, its true that in its beggining and under the Libertadora dictatorship (up to Videla I would say, from 1946 to 1976) left and right were opaqued by peronism, probably because we were in a welfare society, and liberalism (in an economic sense) wasnt trendy precisely, but since Peron death, peronism disappeared and got cutted into pieces and then left and right re appeared.
Menem was right and Cristina is left. They have nothinhg in common, NOTHING. Not even peronism. The 90s were the time where peronism died as it was along the XXth century, although lots of people voted peronism with Menem.

So Menem wasnt peronism but he cleverly used its platform and its net of punteros to win.
Cristina (mostly in her speech but not only there) stands for the historical issues linked to peronism: equality, internal market, mobility, economic growth, social inclusion, etc totally other society, in fact the opposite, than the one of Menem.

Menem was, in fact, the perfect Peronist - like Cristina, a pure opportunist.

Isabelita: moderate right wing of peronism
Cristina: left wing

Macri: right, he IS indeed menemista, and I know this because I worked for him. I used to write weekly reports in his former party "Compromiso Para el Cambio" explaining the main cause of the extreme poverty we had in 2001 was due the 90s decade reforms and they corrected me every single time (thats why I quitted), arguing that they had the 90 decade as a model. He consagrates the 90s decade, and if it was for him, he would privatize everything again.

[Of course, since they were one of the rich that became richest while the country went down.]

They represent the same people who stand and stood for dictatorships in this country, and banks, multinationals, hedge funds, IMF, etc
They do have a "red clientelar" in villas in Quilmes, with punteros and all. They have a very deep connection with Bocas "barra brava".
They usually get support and make policies from the US embassy.
They want a small State and subsidios to the richest.

Crstina = left wing ??? hehehehe ok, so, i can see you know you´re politics !! :S Cristina, who any given day wears dozens of thousands of dollars worth of jewlery and purses, crstina who has litterally billions of dollars (most of which are not even legally declared and the few bucks declared cannot even be justified). Cristina that believes teachers are ungratefull bastards for claiming better salaries (ungratefull since, according to her, they have way too much vacations and very few working hours during their working days)...wow, i can go on for ever....so, to you, someone with this description is left wing ??????

Macri is menemista ?? his father was, and is also and has been for this whole decade partner in many deals with nestor and cristina. the other polititians that are truly menemista and follower of his "policies" are nestor and cristina. Nestor was actually one of the most obediant menemista governors during the 90s (nestor also made sure history learn, through one of his speeches, that menem was the best president in the history of argentina).
Finally, Menem and nestor and cristina now, have been and still are, above anything else (left or right wing), corrupeted and populist and peronista !! they are the same..one very simple example is the fact that cirigliano received concesion of the trains (huge source of courrpted money for cirigiliano and the polititians) and 10 years of kircnerismo later, he still does..trains..completey destroyed !! this applies to basically every crooked deal menem had.

But they do have ideology. Macris ideology is the one that governated this country in the 90s, the one that stand for privatizations, neoliberal, small state, call it how you want. Cristina stands for the public school, for the big state, keynes, centre-left, you call it, its opposed to Macris ideology, she stands for the big state, the public services and enterprizes, like YPF, or the AFJP. They were MONTONEROS, an extreme left wing of peronismo in the 70s. Thats where she came from.
You cant say theyre totally the same because they have totally opposite models of societies, one based in the State other based in the market.
That is PURE ideology.

Corruption and how politics evolve, with ups and downs, back and forth, march and countermarch, etc, it has to do to the context, of how their ideologies get represented here and now, in this country in this century. But it isnt exempt of ideology.

my goodness. someone has been watching 678 for too long...that´s healty matias !! so, macri is evil and cristina is a fighter for freedom and stands for the poor and also loves puppies and macri wants to have them put to sleep.
Crstina was montonera ? well, they were indeed nothing more than crazy sons of bitched killing people because they´re "ideology" justified it. Though crsitina nor nestro were montoneros, they both were too coward..instead, they went to santa cruz and made a leaving ouf of militiray lay 1050...pretty much put families on the streets and profit from it !!! ...they only thing cristina stands for is money and power, both of which she has tons of !! that´s her ideology !!! so, unless my ideology you mean money and power, your ideas about it (applied to argentina at least) are way off !!!!

Oh my god!!
where are you from?!?!?

you actually know nothing of argentinean politics. NOTHING.

Cristina and Nestor were activist of the JP. Do you know what the JP is?

Ask yourself in what direction goes the YPF nationalization or the afjp to the state, or the 125, or the asignacion universal por hijo, or the 6.5% of gdp for education (while others before K destined 2 or 3%). Ask yourself about how Macri manages the education in the city, looking for subsidize the demand and not the supply (have you ever read Narodowsky - former ministry of education of Macri?), google some speechs of Macri post 2001 talking high praise of the 90s, Menem, the convertibilidad. Or even talking well of Cacciatore. Ask yourself how did Macri and his economical gropu did it under the dictatorship and how did they go in the lower time this country ever lived.
Ask yourself how oposed a model could be to the 90s, and what that would stand for if not the privatization of health, school, aerolineas, YPF, AFJP, Futbol, and a large etc.

you can be on one side or another, but you can not discuss what ideology represents each side. I strongly recommend you to read La Nacion, yahoo, Clarin, etc and the comments about the news, like "zurdos, ya se les termina la fiesta".... EVERYBODY, even the most ignorant about argentine politics, knows that this government is left wing, pro-state, pro-industry, keynesianist, oppossed to IMF and world bank recepies and washington consensus and what the american embassy and local concentrate power want for this country.

Back