Is President Kirchner Improving The Lives Of Argentinos?

Is President Cristina Kirchner Improving the Lives of Argentinos?

• Yes

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • No

Votes: 68 86.1%

• Total voters
There are lots of these statistics that are corroborated by private consultants. For example, you wont find ANY private consultant (including the ones that hate this government) that says that unemployment is far than 7%.

I wouldn't argue with the figure either. It's always impressed me, given the state of the economy, that so many people can find employment (not sure I'd call it all, or even a goodly percentage of it, "gainful" though). In fact, I never give healthy-looking beggars of any age money because I've seen my brothers-in-law come here from Paraguay and ALWAYS have jobs. Here, those who do not work do not want to, for the most part.

However, I'd rather be poor or unemployed in the States, Canada or Europe to name a couple of places...

Running out of gas and always falling short, for me, is failing. Two steps forward and one step back is still moving forward, while one step forward and a step and a half back is failing. I can remember how things were looking in 2007 and it was WAY better than now. Continuing the same policies, or even similar, is going to keep things sliding downward, not upward.

The thing I see coming out of the Ks "inclusion" policies, huge subsidies for the poor, etc, is nothing more than building a more dependent class of poor people, and helping those who are on the borderline slide down into poverty to join the numbers. The government simply doesn't have the industry and the economic base to have "futbol para todos" and yet they still go on. To me, that's failing.

I agree with you in this sense - the K government is a failure, and the quality of their economic management is worse now than it was a few years ago. However, the state is not failing or failed, and is structurally probably stronger than it has been for a couple decades. The major opportunity for the next administration is to use a more pragmatic economic policy to cement more of the economic advantages (with more coming online in natural gas) into more robust state structures/quality of life.

I wouldn't argue with the figure either. It's always impressed me, given the state of the economy, that so many people can find employment (not sure I'd call it all, or even a goodly percentage of it, "gainful" though). In fact, I never give healthy-looking beggars of any age money because I've seen my brothers-in-law come here from Paraguay and ALWAYS have jobs. Here, those who do not work do not want to, for the most part.

However, I'd rather be poor or unemployed in the States, Canada or Europe to name a couple of places...

yes, the big issue with the market job is the trabajos en negro, which are almost 35%. We used to have close to 10% and the globalisation happened. Now we have 35%, which compared to Latin America is very well (Mexico, Peru, etc have almost 60%)...
This government subsidises that people, their transport, their gas, power, water, and they have social plans to that people too. That is totally new.

Running out of gas and always falling short, for me, is failing. Two steps forward and one step back is still moving forward, while one step forward and a step and a half back is failing. I can remember how things were looking in 2007 and it was WAY better than now. Continuing the same policies, or even similar, is going to keep things sliding downward, not upward.

The thing I see coming out of the Ks "inclusion" policies, huge subsidies for the poor, etc, is nothing more than building a more dependent class of poor people, and helping those who are on the borderline slide down into poverty to join the numbers. The government simply doesn't have the industry and the economic base to have "futbol para todos" and yet they still go on. To me, that's failing.

This explains my reason why Argentina is failing. Venezuela is failing, more people classify it as such do to the fact it is failing faster.

If you shoot someone or give them a terminal illness they'll still die, it's just a conversation of how long. If you wanted to say it's not
falling apart every second I'd say yes, but it's just semantics at this point.

Back