Is State Issued Morenocard About To Replace Intl Cards?

Dublin2BuenosAires

Registered
This is a step too far, trying to kill off the credit card networks in Argentina by forcing (seducing!) the supermarkets to accept only one credit card, a state issued one.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1561626-moreno-quiere-que-los-super-solo-acepten-una-tarjeta-de-credito-oficial

Very ominous.

I, for one, am certainly NOT worried. I have full confidence that this government not only knows what it is doing (as evidenced by a multitude of economic indicators), but further knows what is best for me and my family (as evidenced by our increasingly higher standard of living).

As I read it, if a super market (or whoever else in future) accepts ,or is commercially coerced into accepting the Moreno Card, they cannot accept any other forms of plastic. Only reported in the anti gov news channels this morning, nothing in the K papers or channels yet.

An attempt to shut down or minimise credit card networks which are of course the enemy as they allow people easy access to foreign currency.

Very interested in hearing the party line on this nonsense.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Would this mean international credit cards aren't accepted as well?[/background]

yes it would mean that.

tarjetas moreno para todos!!!

I'd like to think that's an early April fool.
But then I would put nothing past public enemy number one.

Note...on reflection, this could well be more smoke signals, with them trying to show us who is really in charge.
I'm willing to bet that this idea won't get past the starting blocks, or I may eat my hat.

I'd like to think that's an early April fool.
But then I would put nothing past public enemy number one.

Note...on reflection, this could well be more smoke signals, with them trying to show us who is really in charge.
I'm willing to bet that this idea won't get past the starting blocks, or I may eat my hat.
Agree completely, I will also eat my shoes if this gets put into action.

They want to use it to lower the commissions from 3% to 1% so that the supermarkets can apply that 2% to cover for any lost earnings over the frozen prices, from what I understood...so that they can extend the price freeze until October so things look all fine and dandy until the elections. ridiculous

Back