Is the expat party coming to an end?

Clarin full page article states that supermarket prices in BA are similar to prices posted in Miami or London . Due to the last inflation peak .

My Nampe inflation index is still the same as months ago: $1350 or about $1,35 a bottle. Try looking for either an online Publix or Winn-Dixie ad in the Miami area. As I mentioned in another post on this site, with rare exception food prices there will curl your hair.

The price isn't set by market demand, the price is set based on how much money the seller needs. Right now, with prices going up, they need a lot more money, hence they raise the prices. At the risk of sounding crass, I think of this as "third world mentality."
I've been watching the prices of various apartments for years; one down in Villa Crespo has been listed at the exact same price for over seven years. And it's not like it's some kooky dueno listing it; it's through a big RE company here. At some point, wouldn't the agent drop the listing if the seller won't lower the price?

Meanwhile, the place I had my eye on disappeared from zonaprop, but the sign on the balcony stayed up. I discovered the price was raised by the agent from $125 to $170. It had been listed for the lower price for months without selling, then they raise the price 40%? It's a real head-scratcher.

I've been watching the prices of various apartments for years; one down in Villa Crespo has been listed at the exact same price for over seven years. And it's not like it's some kooky dueno listing it; it's through a big RE company here. At some point, wouldn't the agent drop the listing if the seller won't lower the price?

Meanwhile, the place I had my eye on disappeared from zonaprop, but the sign on the balcony stayed up. I discovered the price was raised by the agent from $125 to $170. It had been listed for the lower price for months without selling, then they raise the price 40%? It's a real head-scratcher.
clearly, the price of the place they want to buy has gone up for whatever reason, so they've raised the listing price of their house accordingly. Those people aren't serious about selling, move on.

Applying Argentinomics thinking: The agent needs a 40 % higher commision SUM to pay for his recently inflated Cost of living.." The Owner...?
My Nampe inflation index is still the same as months ago: $1350 or about $1,35 a bottle. Try looking for either an online Publix or Winn-Dixie ad in the Miami area. As I mentioned in another post on this site, with rare exception food prices there will curl your hair.
retiredbanker

I was like you a happy consumer of Nampe, and also my favorite gift when invited to someones' home for dinner. Until a lady from "Recoleta" told me that she couldn't drink such wine, that was only good for cooking..! I was embarrassed and decided that bringing a US$1,35 bottle of wine was declassee . So now when invited I bring US$6 to US$9 bottles of wine like Luigi Bosca , Catena or Rutini. I'm now considered a connoisseur..!

Applying Argentinomics thinking: The agent needs a 40 % higher commision SUM to pay for his recently inflated Cost of living.." The Owner...?

retiredbanker

I was like you a happy consumer of Nampe, and also my favorite gift when invited to someones' home for dinner. Until a lady from "Recoleta" told me that she couldn't drink such wine, that was only good for cooking..! I was embarrassed and decided that bringing a US$1,35 bottle of wine was declassee . So now when invited I bring US$6 to US$9 bottles of wine like Luigi Bosca , Catena or Rutini. I'm now considered a connoisseur..!
Drinking wine comes down to what a person likes best.

Meanwhile, the place I had my eye on disappeared from zonaprop, but the sign on the balcony stayed up. I discovered the price was raised by the agent from $125 to $170. It had been listed for the lower price for months without selling, then they raise the price 40%? It's a real head-scratch

retiredbanker

She was right but also she was rude to have said that to you.

clearly, the price of the place they want to buy has gone up for whatever reason, so they've raised the listing price of their house accordingly. Those people aren't serious about selling, move on.
I ran into a local acquaintance after I wrote about the "apartment inflation", and he had a more logical reason: they're betting the DNU makes it more valuable as a rental investment, if they can make long-term contracts for dollars (it's in Palermo Soho).

She was right but also she was rude to have said that to you.
a caballo regalado no le mires el diente would have been my response.

The only time I think it's appropriate to say something like what she said would be if Rich had brought Nampe, and she was
serving Viña Cobos Volturno, otherwise just don't drink it if you find it that insufferable, but thank your guests for the gesture
none the less and wait for them to leave to criticize it.

Back