Is the expat party coming to an end?

You went to great lengths to characterize Trump a certain way but failed to mention that Democrats challenged the legitimacy of the 2000, 2004, and 2016 elections. I hope Milei will accomplish his goals but it's more than likely his political enemies will be smearing him every step of the way, going to great lengths to insure his defeat next election. Trump went through 4 years of that and now they're trying to stop his candidacy with ridiculous charges in court. Any challenge to the status quo that interrupts the graft brings out the big guns no matter the country.
Wade and the people who liked your comment, sure, Trump did not incite the resurrection, (going to be wild) he did not conspire to get fake electors in all of the close race states, he did not beg the attorney general in Georgia to find 11,000 votes, he is not continuing to promote the big lie.... You Wade are anti-democratic, anti-honesty and ridiculously disingenuous like that P.O.S. you like so much.

This site is for Argentina, not for never-Trumpers and US politics, so I won't respond further on this topic. btw, the tapes are on a congressional website; go look as I'm not your secretary. Hardly an insurrection which is why the J6 "committee" hid them.
You don't get to drop a lie like the Committee hid them, you just said they are on the congressional website, how is that hidden? McCarthy gave them to Hannity, (evil itself, nothing but lies out of that creeps mouth). So, don't drop garbage on this website and then say who can or can't respond.

Last edited:
You don't get to drop a lie like the Committee hid them, you just said they are on the congressional website, how is that hidden? McCarthy gave them to Hannity, (evil itself, nothing but lies out of that creeps mouth). So, don't drop garbage on this website and then say who can or can't respond.
Schrödinger's tapes, they're so well hidden that you can find them on Congress' official website lol.

I think the expat party has been winding down for a while, everything feels like it is getting more and more expensive in dollars with each passing week, forget pesos. I expect this will only continue once Milei is in office, not because of an increase in salaries (I actually expect the opposite to happen) but because economic instability does not breed static prices in any currency.

Take a break, cupcake as it's obvious you're stressed out.

Many people are celebrating Mileis win but the party will be short lived as he does not have the mandate to implement the changes that he wishes to achieve . I agree on him on many poicies but do not on dolarizattion due to many factors . I am a capitalist and believe in less government intervention but with checks and balances in place to protect the most vulnerable of the society . Australia has subsidied medical care as well as scholarships that keep that society running . Being capitalist does not mean blowing up completely the system as professed by Milei on many occasions .

Howdy all! I've been an expat since 2006. I'm not going to stop the party anytime soon!

There is no reason that people of means should be receiving free university education. I did not single you out or intend to do so.
free university education is the state investing in the people and giving them things of substance in return for paying taxes. do you want people to be burdened with tens of thousands of dolares of student loan debt, as is the case wherever you came from? free university provides collective societal benefits and is a net positive overall.
unless, of course, you don't want people to be educated, in that case it is a negative.

free university education is the state investing in the people and giving them things of substance in return for paying taxes. do you want people to be burdened with tens of thousands of dolares of student loan debt, as is the case wherever you came from? free university provides collective societal benefits and is a net positive overall.
unless, of course, you don't want people to be educated, in that case it is a negative.
Universities in Argentina can remain free for those of low income but should charge those who have the means to pay something.. The costs would be insignificant compared to USA prices. Also why should Argentine citizens pay for the education of foreigners who come to Argentina solely for the benefit of free education? These things need reforming.

Universities in Argentina can remain free for those of low income but should charge those who have the means to pay something.. The costs would be insignificant compared to USA prices. Also why should Argentine citizens pay for the education of foreigners who come to Argentina solely for the benefit of free education? These things need reforming.
In theory I'm in favor of such a reform, but where is the line going to be drawn declaring this side is low income and eligible for free education and that side has sufficient means to pay for their education? And who is going to draw this line? Usually it's the politicians who are working for the interests of people with sufficient means so I wouldn't hold my breath with expectations that the politicians will bite the hands that feed them. And like aloevera, I believe education is an investment by society that provides societal benefits for all. Education creates doctors and scientists and gives people who might otherwise have to turn to crime a chance to better themselves and society.

I'm open to the idea of reforming the current free education system as far as foreigners. Maybe restructure it so that they pay now and after a certain number of years of residency where they'd put their education to use for the benefit of Argentina they'd get a refund. Or give them annual tax breaks over those same amount of years so they'd have an incentive to stay if they want to get reimbursed on the investment they made in their education. I'd imagine there are other countries that could be used as models as far as structuring a reformed education system.

Back