Is There Anyplace To Buy Land Cheap Here?

Wineguy999, can't help wonder why the german houses you posted are so cheap? Are taxes incredibly high? What's the deal?
Usually when old buildings are dirt cheap in Germany, it's because the buyer is required to restore the building to its original splendor. So if you can afford to do all of the restoration (or you have the patience and the knowledge to do so), then you can buy the property dirt cheap.

THEN the money starts flying out the window.

And in doing a little research, I found that most of those places are in small towns miles from centers of commerce. You'd pretty much have to be self-employed with the ability to work from home, or endure hours of commuting.

Is it "logical" to say a parcel of land is "a bit too pricy" without seeing it and knowing what's around it?

In 1973 I made my first property purchase over the phone and over a thousand miles from the location of the lot, but I had seen it once, six months earlier.

I moved to the town in which it was located two years later and I was ridiculed by a member of the city council (when I applied for a business license) for having paid more money by the square foot than anyone had ever paid in the history of the town.

The lot measured 16.5 x 75 feet and cost $14,000 (USD).

Here's a photo of the building (next door to The Egyptian Theater) that I built on the lot in 1979:

park%2Bcity%2B1a.jpg

Does anyone (who does not already know my history) know the name of the town just by seeing the photo?

Didn't know you were from there - it's an oasis.

Yes, it is, and "oasis" is the exact word I used yesterday (in the nearby town) to describe my present location when I was chatting with the most beautiful hardware store owner I have ever met, hoping she would like to have a "date" with me.

PS: I lived "there" (as well as in "The Valley") from 1975 - 1991. In the mid '70's I kept telling anyone who would listen (and there were already "movie people" in town) that the Egyptian Theater (which featured locally produced stage plays and showed "Sunn Classics" movies that were filmed in the area) would be a great place to have a film festival.

Anyone who has read my posts knows how much I like living where I do. On Saturday one of my neighbors came to my house and told me that he wanted to sell his property (which I can walk to faster than I can get in my car and drive to).

He has two (adjacent) hectares (20,000 m2) for sale (about five acres total) and there are separate deeds for each hectare. There is a "decent" house with a quincho on one lot and there is a not so nice (and very small) house on the second lot. Except for the area around the "decent" house, the land is covered with brush but it is completely surrounded by tamarisco trees, creating total privacy. There is also an above ground cement pool (4m x 8m) behind the house and a garage/galpon next to the pool.

Everything needs to be "recycled" (as they say here).

There are also several buildings/structures that once housed a lot of hogs but they all need to be demolished. The hogs and their odor are long gone.

The price is $1,000,000 pesos. That's less than $4.25 dollars per square meter for the land (using an exchange rate of 12 to 1) without adding the value of the existing buildings.

Here are several photos of the house and quincho:

Casa%2BCarlos%2Bfront.jpg

Casa%2BCarlos%2Bside.jpg

Casa%2BCarlos%2Bquincho.jpg

Back