Is there some way to tell how much more expensive BA is getting/has gotten

Edesur and MetroGas have small increases. But the service increase that really gets my attention is AySA. The bill was 7,000 per month in 2020 for a building of 16 units. Last month it was 140,000 and August is 219,600. The new administration is an accountant who is going to increase the monthly contribution to pay off the debt. The interest is more than the original water bills.

I save water in a bucket during a shower and then use it to flush the toilet.

Edesur and MetroGas have small increases. But the service increase that really gets my attention is AySA. The bill was 7,000 per month in 2020 for a building of 16 units. Last month it was 140,000 and August is 219,600. The new administration is an accountant who is going to increase the monthly contribution to pay off the debt. The interest is more than the original water bills.

I save water in a bucket during a shower and then use it to flush the toilet.
220,000 pesos divided by 16 is 13750 per unit.
my AySa bill for last month was 23,000 pesos, double yours. we have only 5 units, but we each get our own bill.

I have a residence in Washington State, and the water bill is about $140USD a month. thats what- 200,000 pesos or so right now? Obviously, everything is relative, and compared to salaries, its a big rise in price.
The amount in dollars I pay for my US home in utilities is about the same ratio for each one- that is, at least 4 times as expensive in the USA, often more.
Some things, that are labor based, it makes sense would be much cheaper in Argentina, while other things are globally priced, the same price in every country, in dollars.

The reason the AySa and edenor and so on have gone up is the withdrawal of subsidies and price controls.
But there is a base cost for these services, which includes the cost of maintenance, and, if its deferred, that cost only goes up.

Some of the 16 units have two or four people who use lots more water than I do alone, but I will be stuck with paying the same. Two couples have two children. One unit has been vacant for one year, and the new owners are stuck.
Our debt with AySA reached 4M on Saturday. The administrator arranged a 12-month payment plan.
One owner has been unofficially in charge of the consorcio for 22 years (as administrator or council member). She ordered the last two administrators not to increase the monthly contribution, and they obeyed. At the recent assembly, the new administrator (an accountant) told us how much we will pay beginning with the June expensas. The owner announced loudly to everyone that she cannot pay her portion of the AySA debt. I give her total credit for selfishly controlling expensas because she doesn't have the money. The interest charges are enormous and never stop.

I will pay my share of AySA and expensas. I am grateful that I am here where I can afford to live on social security. I could not do the same in Chicago.

Last edited:
Back