It’s official Joe Biden becomes the 46 President of the United States.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martial Law can only be declared when the civilian courts are no longer functioning. It is not an excuse for tyranny; it is a very temporary solution to chaos and anarchy.

I wish people would learn how the constitution works before making such comments.

Legally, this ad of Flynn's meets all the requirements of Sedition. Which can be punishable by death...

No, it is not punishable by death. The maximum penalty is 20 years in prison. Thirty seconds with Google would have provided you with this information.

Can we all please take a deep breath and calm the **** down here?

No, it is not punishable by death. The maximum penalty is 20 years in prison. Thirty seconds with Google would have provided you with this information.

Can we all please take a deep breath and calm the **** down here?
I am not the one taking out full page ads in the papers advocating overthrowing the government. I think Flynn is the one who needs a little deep breathing...

And, the consistent position of the United States Government has been that retired military Generals, like, say, Flynn, are still subject to the UCMJ- the military code of Justice. And, as this here link shows, Sedition IS punishable by death under the UCMJ.
that takes about 45 seconds with google to find. I think mebbe you quit too soon.

Fact remains, what Flynn is advocating is criminal, treason, and, frankly, insane. Just the kind of guys we need to unilaterally pardon for everything he did that we dont know about yet.

I am not the one taking out full page ads in the papers advocating overthrowing the government. I think Flynn is the one who needs a little deep breathing...

And, the consistent position of the United States Government has been that retired military Generals, like, say, Flynn, are still subject to the UCMJ- the military code of Justice. And, as this here link shows, Sedition IS punishable by death under the UCMJ.
that takes about 45 seconds with google to find. I think mebbe you quit too soon.

Fact remains, what Flynn is advocating is criminal, treason, and, frankly, insane. Just the kind of guys we need to unilaterally pardon for everything he did that we dont know about yet.

OK, that's a valid point. Good catch and well-cited.

I wasn't thinking about him being retired military. Actually, anyone who held a commission can be recalled to active duty and court-martialed as long as they are still alive. It's not just generals.

Overall, I'm glad to be in Argentina right now.

The only ones who were "disappointed" were the self deluded. In some ways I think liberals are significantly more blind than Trump supporters. At least Trump is Trump. As bad as he was, what you saw is what you got. He never pretended to be someone else.
But it seems that the "disappointed" liberals deluded themselves into creating/idealizing a Joe Biden candidate that simply did not exist.They gleefully bought into the lie that the DNC fed them.
Joe Biden always was and always will be a lackey of the corporate welfare/warfare state, no matter how many people of color or non-binaries he places into his administration to appease the "woke" crowd. He is bought and owned by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, JP Morgan-Chase and Goldman Sachs. And he will be doing a wonderful job laying the groundwork for the next Trump.
In many ways, he is the American Mauricio Macri.

The only ones who were "disappointed" were the self deluded. In some ways I think liberals are significantly more blind than Trump supporters. At least Trump is Trump. As bad as he was, what you saw is what you got. He never pretended to be someone else.
But it seems that the "disappointed" liberals deluded themselves into creating/idealizing a Joe Biden candidate that simply did not exist.They gleefully bought into the lie that the DNC fed them.
Joe Biden always was and always will be a lackey of the corporate welfare/warfare state, no matter how many people of color or non-binaries he places into his administration to appease the "woke" crowd. He is bought and owned by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, JP Morgan-Chase and Goldman Sachs. And he will be doing a wonderful job laying the groundwork for the next Trump.
In many ways, he is the American Mauricio Macri.
And four more years of Agolf Twittler would be better?

Pretty sad when "Better than Trump" is the only good thing one can say about an elected official.
As a matter of fact, I do think being beaten with a stick until all my bones are broken is better than being burned alive. Still does not mean that I have to praise being beaten with a stick until all my bones are broken just because it is the better alternative.

Pretty sad when "Better than Trump" is the only good thing one can say about an elected official.
As a matter of fact, I do think being beaten with a stick until all my bones are broken is better than being burned alive. Still does not mean that I have to praise being beaten with a stick until all my bones are broken just because it is the better alternative.

I remember when the Tara Reade sexual assault allegations against Joe Biden first came out, some woke Democrats in the media were arguing that it shouldn't matter because Trump has still had more sexual assault allegations than him.

No, both are equally horrible. Trump has been an abysmally poor President, but Biden will be just as bad. Or Worse.

The US political system is hopelessly broken. Both parties represent the interests of the same oligarchs, and nobody represents the interests of the American people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back