It’s official Joe Biden becomes the 46 President of the United States.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect your contributions to this site and would like to hear your opionion of Glen Greenwald. Do you have any recommendations of journalists or news sources that you consider trustworthy and unbiased?

If you don't consider Beck a major commentator, the repugnant racist Rush Limbaugh suggested Obama deliberately encouraged the spread of ebola to punish white people.
Interesting huh? Wade says he never heard Limbaugh say that. So, the question is: Does anybody have any evidence that Limbaugh did say that? If someone can produce evidence that he DID say that, let's see it. If the evidence is clear, Wade will have to give ground. If there is no evidence, the other side will have to give ground.
We might actually be getting somewhere.

What I mean is, if it is clear Limbaugh really did say that, Wade might discover he is filtering out facts that don't suit his worldview. Alternatively, if there is no evidence that Limbaugh said it, JP might discover he is filtering in non-facts that suit his worldview.

So, let's use this as a great teaching moment and for heaven's sake try to find a way to find some middle ground. Did Limbaugh suggest Obama deliberately encouraged the spread of ebola to punish white people, or did he not?

Trump shook up the world and he leaves office in good health after a bout with Corona virus. I think he will be all right. He has a lot to be thankful for. Four years as president of the US is not a bad gig. Maybe it’s a good thing that he came along when he did for a wake up call. After initially having high hopes and expectations, I was disappointed after eight years of Obama with little apparent progress. I would love to see minorities get the same education and work opportunities that white folks get in the US. If Argentine insurance companies can provide full medical coverage for as little as $35 a month, it seems the US could do the same. Let’s see if Biden can surprise us with some changes that improves the lives of everyone.

What I mean is, if it is clear Limbaugh really did say that, Wade might discover he is filtering out facts that don't suit his worldview. Alternatively, if there is no evidence that Limbaugh said it, JP might discover he is filtering in non-facts that suit his worldview.

So, let's use this as a great teaching moment and for heaven's sake try to find a way to find some middle ground. Did Limbaugh suggest Obama deliberately encouraged the spread of ebola to punish white people, or did he not?

And from ThinkProgress:
Rush Limbaugh: Obama Wants Americans To Get Ebola As Payback For Slavery
IGOR VOLSKYOCT 6, 2014, 6:35 PM

CREDIT: AP
Radio host Rush Limbaugh suggested on Monday that President Barack Obama is refusing to divert flights from Ebola-infected countries and close down America’s borders because he believes that the nation “deserves” to be infected with the virus given its history of perpetuating slavery.
Responding to a caller on his nationally syndicated radio show, Limbaugh launched into a soliloquy about so-called politically correct liberals who believe that America is responsible for the spread of Ebola in Liberia because that nation was established by freed American slaves. “And if it hadn’t been for that they probably wouldn’t have [Ebola]. So there are some people who think we kind of deserve a little bit of this,” he said, before accusing elected leaders of purposely leaving the country vulnerable to the virus.
“The danger we have now is that we elected people in positions of power and authority who think this or think like this in terms of this country being responsible, this country being to blame for things and it’s that kind of thinking that leads to opposition to shutting down airports from various countries,” Limbaugh explained, referring to the Obama administration’s handling of the crisis.
“It leads to opposition to keeping these people out of the country: ‘How dare we? We can’t turn our back on them! They exist because of us. We can’t turn them away!’” he said.
Though Republicans have been calling on the Obama administration to impose strict travel bans on countries with Ebola infections, experts warn that such a policy could make things worse. Ill patients would have a harder time seeking treatment, international health personnel wouldn’t be able to enter the country, and local economies and the health infrastructures would further be devastated by a travel ban.
Instead, the Obama administration has sent troops to infected countries, is providing ground expertise to medical staff, establishing field-deployable hospitals, and offering “personal protective equipment and laboratory reagents, support for technical advisors, and other requests.”

I thought old Trumpy was rather a hoot....I enjoyed him taking the piss out of the 'system'. Now it's the turn of one of the oh so predictable old boys who let's face it is only there because he was owed favours.
All a bit worrying that the US can't come up with better Presidents nowadays..

The simple minded morons that turn up on this forum with comments like this is both common and appalling. Every village has a pond and an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back