It’s official Joe Biden becomes the 46 President of the United States.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any criticism of her will be deflected with because they can't handle a strong woman of color in power or something along those lines. Don't mansplain her.

Her record is very hard line on "law and order" - https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/17/opinion/kamala-harris-criminal-justice.html
She is very friendly to corporate power - https://www.marketwatch.com/story/kamala-harris-is-a-friend-not-foe-of-big-tech-2020-08-12
And very hawkish - https://jacobinmag.com/2019/09/fore...presidential-campaign-iran-north-korea-russia

She announced her pronouns, says she likes hip hop music, is pro trans bathrooms, and is a woman of color so all is forgiven I suppose.

US liberalism has devolved into woke virtue signaling while being captive to corporate power and the military industrial complex. Student debt, healthcare, criminal justice, endless wars, or anything to help the lives of common americans, forget about it.

Black, white, non-binary, disabled it doesnt matter. To get to the top especially in the US you have to be ruthless and use and manipulate people. Or be a Bernie Saunders. Then again maybe hes a selfish bstard too.

Black, white, non-binary, disabled it doesnt matter. To get to the top especially in the US you have to be ruthless and use and manipulate people. Or be a Bernie Saunders. Then again maybe hes a selfish bstard too.
I don't know if Saunders is a selfish bastard, but he was on an ego trip. He didn't have the slightest chance of winning a general election. His candidacy damaged the Democrats - without his presence I believe they would have taken Florida. But he aroused such fear in Cubans and Venezuelans, victims of leftists regimes, that they flocked to Trump.

A different Republican candidate would have won the Presidency..! Many women, afros, LGTB's, etc. voted against Trump.

Trump actually did better than Mitt Romney and better than 2016 with Latinos, LGTB and African Americans. The biggest increase from 16' to '20 demographic wise for Biden was with college educated whites.

When Democrats neglect to do anything to benefit the communities that they purport to help it's only logical that they look elsewhere.

Yep. Back to the same old "business as usual" just like before. And then, when the next Trump gets elected by gathering votes from working whites and even blacks and other minorities, a stunned and perplexed woke crowd will respond like this:

Every time I see that video I wonder why Drew Carey is so upset.

So reserve seats for the January 20th. Inauguration Day.....?

If Politicians that secure jobs for next of kin are not eligible then who would be ? (like Hunter case)

So reserve seats for the January 20th. Inauguration Day.....?

If Politicians that secure jobs for next of kin are not eligible then who would be ? (like Hunter case)
What job? Hunter was given money because he was Joe Biden's son. Joe Biden was peddling influence through his son.

I don't know if Saunders is a selfish bastard, but he was on an ego trip. He didn't have the slightest chance of winning a general election. His candidacy damaged the Democrats - without his presence I believe they would have taken Florida. But he aroused such fear in Cubans and Venezuelans, victims of leftists regimes, that they flocked to Trump.

There's no proof of that. Biden did very badly with that same demographic because they will always vote GOP, and are pretty much a lost cause for the Democrats. There was an editorial in El País that pointed out the irony that they, more than anyone, should be averse to a strong man, or a wanna-be, like Trump. But as is typical of the Latin American right, when it's their dictator, they call it democracy.

I don't get the obsession with the Miami Cubans. They're a minority within a minority, and many of them actually identify as White. Even if they switched sides, they wouldn't significantly change anything because their population isn't large enough. There just as many or more Puerto Ricans in New York, and Mexican-Americans throughout California and the Southwest. Why aren't they as important?

I've been following Trump and the Democrats treatment of him since he announced his candidacy in 2015. What I've seen is mass hysteria, commonly referred to as Trump Derangement Syndrome. Democrats were devastated that Mueller didn't pave the way to oust Trump, and the impeachment only further fueled their frustrations. So no surprise that they came out in droves to get rid of him. But there looked to be some irregularities in the voting in a handful of States and we'll just have to see how that works out in court. I already argue with liberals on another forum and I have no desire to chase my tail here with those who will accept nothing less than Trump is evil personified. I just hope if Biden ultimately wins that he won't hurt the economy but if soon replaced by Harris can't help but feel either we're doomed or Republicans will do very well in the midterms. Time will tell.

Always a good idea to get rid of someone so unfit for the duties of the post they hold, be it POTUS or janitor. Anyone who has paid any attention to Trump since his rise to celebrity knows that he has long been a fraud and failure in business. I am thoroughly convinced that he had no hope in his own mind of becoming POTUS - he merely wanted to increase his brand with the network so he could command a higher salary upon his return to The Apprentice.

Trump Derangement Syndrome - sounds more like the ailment his fans suffer from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back