It’s official Joe Biden becomes the 46 President of the United States.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really! spare us your condescending amusement. There are good leaders, have been good leaders, hopefully will be good leaders in future. There are good and decent people in the world and in leadership roles. And we live in a system that is governed by politicians, the form of government we've elected to follow.
'Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others.' W. Churchill
No sale. You offer nothing. Your lopsided cynicism is as corrupt as the story you're selling.

Cynicism is healthier than complacency. Complacency and sense of entitlement by the Dems is why someone as awful as Trump became president. Hillary Clinton is almost as bad as Trump.

Last edited:
You must've been looking at conspiracy theory sites.

I asked you a simple question - whether lies told about Obama upset you as much as the lies about Trump upset you. You've dismissed progress under Obama as inconsequential, and lies told about Obama as irrelevant. It seems your outrage is selective.

I don't care who's in office as long as they create an environment where businesses can thrive and our kids can find jobs. That they stop getting us into foreign wars and other debacles that solve nothing and increase the debt.

I agree with this sentiment. I also don't think it's too much to ask that politicians avoid fomenting social unrest as a means of energising their base.

I asked you a simple question - whether lies told about Obama upset you as much as the lies about Trump upset you. You've dismissed progress under Obama as inconsequential, and lies told about Obama as irrelevant. It seems your outrage is selective.

I agree with this sentiment. I also don't think it's too much to ask that politicians avoid fomenting social unrest as a means of energising their base.
We were pretty much stagnant under Obama for the middle class. The wealthy invested in the stock market did ok. But until Trump cut taxes and reduced regulation, much of it redundant and costly, did growth really take off. And I don't think what was said about Obama rose to the same level as that leveled at Trump. Trump didn't have the mainstream media on his side and I challenge you to show where FOX News or major conservative commentators like Rush Limbaugh were repeating lies about Obama. They had plenty to criticize with Obama debacles like Benghazi, the Iran nuclear deal, the Fast and Furious scandal. And while Trump certainly has challenged the legitimacy of the 2020 election there's no evidence that he has used the power of the Federal government to undermine the incoming administration as it clearly appears the Obama administration did. Look for the John Durham investigation to come up with some indictments soon.

Last edited:
Thank you for the gentle reply Wade. I'm genuinely curious to understand your perspective.

I guess what constitutes "a good economy" is subjective, if we're going to ignore the abundance of economic growth and performance indicators. But your personal perspective is valid, and if you felt you and your family prospered better under Trump that's fair.

On your media challenge though... really? Did you tune out Glenn Beck?

If you don't consider Beck a major commentator, the repugnant racist Rush Limbaugh suggested Obama deliberately encouraged the spread of ebola to punish white people.

Last edited:
Thank you for the gentle reply Wade. I'm genuinely curious to understand your perspective.

I guess what constitutes "a good economy" is subjective, if we're going to ignore the abundance of economic growth and performance indicators. But your personal perspective is valid, and if you felt you and your family prospered better under Trump that's fair.

On your media challenge though... really? Did you tune out Glenn Beck?

If you don't consider Beck a major commentator, the repugnant racist Rush Limbaugh suggested Obama deliberately encouraged the spread of ebola to punish white people.
Never heard Rush say that but I understand the need to silence Rush.

This has been a fairly civil 54 page political thread, all this considered. No BA Expat has been called a Nazi or anything yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back