It’s official Joe Biden becomes the 46 President of the United States.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the last 4 years have scared and humbled the Dems enough to improve their act even a little bit.

I would love for that to happen, but I very much doubt it. Would love for history to prove me wrong.

Didn't even take 72 hours to start shuffling troops into Syria. Gullible slaves, the lot of you! It was about this the whole time.

Didn't even take 72 hours to start shuffling troops into Syria. Gullible slaves, the lot of you! It was about this the whole time.

Gotta roll back Trump's policies. All of them. And Raytheon, Boeing and Lockheed Martin did not help fund the campaign because they were "woke" and cared about BLM and transgender rights. It was an investment and they expect return.

US military convoy enters northeast Syria

Gotta roll back Trump's policies. All of them. And Raytheon, Boeing and Lockheed Martin did not help fund the campaign because they were "woke" and cared about BLM and transgender rights. It was an investment and they expect return.

US military convoy enters northeast Syria
I24news is an Israeli news agency. They're the ones who published the story. Sometimes you have to look at the story behind the story. Not everything you read as news is real news. Even though it may look like the real thing. If the US military had in fact just entered Syria it would be huge news. But it didn’t happened.

Here is another traditional conservative voice, writing for one of the most "respected" conservative publications, on Trump-

To be honest, the National Review means nothing today, at all.

They were the archetypal Never Trumpers, until he won and the lot of them rolled over and became Maybe Trumpers. From there the progression was clear, to anti-anti-Trumpers to full-on Trumpalos.

And on January 20th, surprise! - they have rediscovered principled opposition. The timing is an absolute mystery.

These dudes are... I struggle to come up with a metaphor that won’t offend anyone, so I’ll just say “for sale”. They are not even for sale, really, only for hire. Nothing they write either way should be taken seriously in the least. Maybe an individual writer, or when what is being argued merits attention on its own merits. But just because something shows up there means less than nothing.

They’re brave enough to oppose Trump... on January 20. What a surprise.

Further to our ongoing discussion of media credibility:

It isn’t just right wing publications.

The Washington Post Memory-Holed Kamala Harris' Bad Joke About Inmates Begging for Food and Water

There is good and bad news in this. The bad news is that one of the most mainstream publications around is clearly not above this kind of behavior.

The good news is that 1) removing an unflattering anecdote is still what qualifies as a media scandal in the mainstream media; 2) this Doesn’t Work. Competing outlets quickly bring this to light, not necessarily RW ones like Fox etc. Twitter amplifies these.

Hopefully this asinine move will trigger the Streisand effect.

Last edited:
Further to our ongoing discussion of media credibility:

It isn’t just right wing publications.

The Washington Post Memory-Holed Kamala Harris' Bad Joke About Inmates Begging for Food and Water

There is good and bad news in this. The bad news is that one of the most mainstream publications around is clearly not above this kind of behavior.

The good news is that 1) removing an unflattering anecdote is still what qualifies as a media scandal in the mainstream media; 2) this Doesn’t Work. Competing outlets quickly bring this to light, not necessarily RW ones like Fox etc. Twitter amplifies these.

Hopefully this asinine move will trigger the Streisand effect.

Well said, Ben. It's nice to see that we sometimes agree.

RT also picked up this story, with Helen Buyniski penning a somewhat acerbic commentary -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back