It Happened To Me. Visa Entry Problem.

I think there is one small difference, which is that if you are married to a citizen there is no two year requirement. In fact, you can apply for citizenship straight away after marriage. [LEY DE CIUDADANIA. LEY 346 Art. 2 punto 7].

Illegal immigrants in Argentina are only the ones willing to remain as such.

Great point. It's also worth noting that the "honest means of living" doesn't necessarily mean working en blanco (this was posted by Dr. Rubilar) and paying income taxes in Argentina is not a condition for citicizenship (as one website offering assistance to foreigners getting residency and citizenship claimed).

According to Dr. Rubilar, those with any form of residency which has expired are "irregular" and it's not a crime to be one. The only "illegal immigrants" in Argentina would probably be those who entered the country without getting a stamp (any form of residency).

Good to know - that is why I asked about overstays. It seems those getting rejected have overstays and are spending more than half the year in Argentina and also working here. Everyones situation is unique that is why it is not right to blanket everyone with a permatourist tag because they have X amount of stamps. I agree 100% that those who are here more than half the year should go residency route but makes it hard to qualify if you are not here that much time and work overseas.

With all my respect, this is for your peace of mind but I doubt that the immigrations agentes agree with you.

Great point. It's also worth noting that the "honest means of living" doesn't necessarily mean working en blanco (this was posted by Dr. Rubilar) and paying income taxes in Argentina is not a condition for citicizenship (as one website offering assistance to foreigners getting residency and citizenship claimed).

According to Dr. Rubilar, those with any form of residency which has expired are "irregular" and it's not a crime to be one. The only "illegal immigrants" in Argentina would probably be those who entered the country without getting a stamp (any form of residency).

Neither.
There are no illegals in this country. People might do something illegal but all of us are equals before the law. The Illegal category is related to a caste society that was abolished with the revolution of May [1810].

I have DNI,but for the last three years have spent only 3mth,3mth and 4 months this year in the country the rest abroad.Does my residencia permenante
become invalid through lack on time spent here?.

I have DNI,but for the last three years have spent only 3mth,3mth and 4 months this year in the country the rest abroad.Does my residencia permenante
become invalid through lack on time spent here?.

As far as I know, those with permanent residency only need to set foot on Argentine soil one day in every two years...so you should be OK.
emo32.gif

Steve - only correction to the post is one can obtain permanent residence directly by being a parent of a child born in Argentina as well as marriage.

Thanks, citygirl. I forgot about creating a baby (which of course can be accomplished without marriage).
emo32.gif

Back