It's Raining

fred mertz

Registered
I'm wondering if there is a place in Buenos Aires that repairs umbrellas? One of the 8 metal thatchamacallits is bent. It would be nice to have it replaced.

this has gone the way of the shoe shine boy BUT today I passed by a place on Carlos Calvo between 1100-1300, right hand of street if back is facing 9 de julio.

I am a sailor. I do not own an umbrella. My foul weather gear is top notch.

Honestly I think it's great you want to repair something that could still have some use in it. That's the problem with our consumerism. Easier to discard things than to take the time to have them fixed....do people realize how much garbage we're creating? And every time we buy something new we've been a passive contributor to global warming, pollution, deforestation and a host of other ills. It's really unfortunate that our answer to broken things is to throw them away. Next it'll be old people......oh wait. I think attitudinally that's already happening too...
I'd say try a shoe repair place for your umbrella. They usually repair all sorts of things that are accessories. But according to my zapatero they are a dying trade. No one wants to work fixing those things. They'd rather be selling or making new.....

Lacoqueta hits the nail on the head.
Our local cobbler will repair anything within reason.
In fact right now, repairing stuff is more relevant now for all the obvious reasons.
I've got a pair of CAT boots that I wear for almost everything and the big thick, chunky soles fell apart after ten years and he replaced the soles, refurbished the boots for $250.
New boots effectively.

Back