Votes: 17 39.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 58.1%
  • Not Applicable

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

Joe

Registered
Have you been robbed in BA and/or your home country?

I answered Yes to the last question because I got sprayed twice in the back when living in San Telmo. Although I didn't loose anything I did have to wash my jacket like 5 times to get the smell off it...

I once got my jacket stolen, in 1991, in Santa Fe & Azcuenaga, at 4 pm, plenty of people... a gang came to me and threatened to kick my ass.... I was a kid and gave them everything I had...

That was the ONLY time I got robbed, and since then I ve been around A LOT.

I was robbed the first time i came to BA in 2009 of my camera while i was taking a picture... a really good shot too
Someone tried to take my purse last year, but i beat him with my umbrella and then chased him down the street while threatening his life, in english but i think he got the point. No problems since.. *knock on wood*.

My car was broken into in Seattle. stole a lot of stuff plus my tango shoes! that was the worst thing Ever. I can't remember if i was ever robbed out side of that in the US Have to think about it.

The portero in our building either stole, or permitted the theft, of two bicycles in the common storage area. We also had some wine disappear from our apartment which we suspect was his fault. Impossible to prove, but it looks as if he's finally getting the boot despite the cost of firing somebody.

The portero in our building ...We also had some wine disappear from our apartment which we suspect was his fault. Impossible to prove, but it looks as if he's finally getting the boot despite the cost of firing somebody.
Yeeeeeeeeah, very probable. Did you like the taste? :)

Someone tried to take my purse last year, but i beat him with my umbrella and then chased him down the street while threatening his life, in english but i think he got the point.

Even though its a natural reaction, I'd strongly advice against this. Most of the scum are just stupid little kids who want to make a few bucks, but you might get robbed by a guy on Paco with a knife on him and I doubt any stolen good is worth the risk.

Even though its a natural reaction, I'd strongly advice against this. Most of the scum are just stupid little kids who want to make a few bucks, but you might get robbed by a guy on Paco with a knife on him and I doubt any stolen good is worth the risk.
I second that. In late April a Kiwi tourist who defended his backpack was shot and killed in Mendoza.

Back