Jailbreak and Unlock a Palm Treo?

eschal

Registered
Does anybody know how to Jailbreak & Unlock a Palm Treo? Also can the new Iphone 4's be Jailbroken and Unlocked?

I love that somebody is still using a Treo! It takes me back to all those years when I was the only one on my block with a smartphone.
The Palm OS is inherently open, unlike iOS, so they don't need to be jailbroken. You can already install any app you like onto it. You have complete access to the file system.
To unlock it, simply call your carrier and ask for the unlock code. They're required to give it to you once you've fulfilled the length of the contract (usually two years). Since Treos haven't been sold in over two years, they're all eligible for legal unlocking.

As for your other question - iPhone 4's can definitely be jailbroken and unlocked. I can do it for you (for a fee), or you can do it yourself. Lots of sites online describing how.

Best of luck -

Hey MacDaddy-
Yeah I always liked the Palm Interphase and so I bought a used one to use down here but for some reason I can't here the person talking on the other side plus the internet doesn't work. I'll call Sprint and see if they can give me an unlock code.
As far as the Iphone4, i'll try to do if on my own. Is there anything I can seriously mess up that I should know about?
Cheers again,
A

I've never heard of the Interphase - was that a model after the Treos?
The internet may not work on the 3G network down here because of incompatible chip sets - the Google Nexus One has the same problem.
Yes, you can definitely "brick" an iPhone when trying to jailbreak it.. but as long as you follow the directions carefully (choosing the right firmware for your exact model/OS), you should be fine.

Back