job opportunity for Americans (videos for US market)

EmergingCast

Registered
Hi guys !!! we are looking for expats living in Argentina for our Emerging Freelancer Program as a reviewer.

We produce short form videos (you guys can see a demo in http://www.EmergingCast.com) and we need to increase our Reviewer's team.

It's a freelance job (you work from home). The reviewer has to read the scripts and check their consistency.

We pay per script reviewed.

If anyone are interested in our job offer, just write to [email protected]

Thanks !

Max

I had great English teachers and can usually catch the slightest grammatical error.

Send me a "test script" if you like.

I'll review it for free.

Then we can negotiate.

EmergingCast said:
Great Steve !!! Send me an email with your email please

Max

Consider it done!

Please be sure the test script is full of errors!

Here is the email I received in reply and the "script" I was sent:

Hi Steve !!!

let's do something... do you have skype ? my user is: maxgoldenberg. You can reach me there

We need to cover 2 roles: voice over (in american english) and the reviewer. It's a simple job (the review): check the text consistency, the grammar and that's it. We can pay 0.50 usd per text (you can review 1 text per minute) and 1 usd per voice over (you can record 1 script in 2 minutes)

If you have time, you can earn good money from this (we have almost 20 reviewers working right now)

What do you think about it? I'm sending attachted a script.

I hope we can work together

Max

Here is the text:

"How to be stealthy...in 3 steps

Synopsis
There are times when we need to be extremely careful in not making noise. Here you will find some suggestions you will need to take into account, should you be in that situation.

You will need
A pair of trainers
Tight clothes
Bravery
Nerves of steel

Getting Started
Before starting, make yourself aware that being stealthy is a very complex task. Anything can happen: wind, some stuffs on the floor and the like.

Don’t forget
To do slow movements. Time is not important, you only have to focus in your movements.

Step 1
If there is some light, have a look around. See if there are things on the floor or furniture you have to avoid.

Warning
If there is not light, you have to be extremely careful when walking. The light of the mobile phone may result useful.

Step 2
Take short and easy steps until you get to the place you have to reach.

Tip
Tennis are perfect for these situations in which you have to avoid all noise.

Step 3
Avoid handling doors. The great number of them are absolutely noisy. Once you did what you had to, remember all the movements you did for reaching that place since you have to return.

Fun Fact
According to past research, stealthy people develop a fantastic sense of perception. This is great if you are planning to be a police officer!"

Here is my edited version (it took 30 minutes to make the corrections and I did offer to do this one for free, but I won't do any more for 50 cents or even five (or five hundred) dollars!

"How to be stealthy...in 3 steps:

Synopsis:

There are times when we need to be extremely careful to not make noise. Here you will find some suggestions that you should take into account, if you ever find yourself in a similar situation.

You will need the following:

A pair of training shoes
Tight clothes
Bravery
Nerves of steel

Getting Started:

Before starting, be sure that you understand that being stealthy is a very complex task. Anything can happen: there might be wind, obstacles on the floor, and possibly much more.

Move slowly. Time is not important. You only have to focus on your movements.

Step 1:

If there is enough light, look around. See if there is anything on the floor or any furniture you have to avoid.

Warning: If there is insufficient light, you'll have to be extremely careful when walking. The light of a mobile phone may prove useful.

Step 2:

Take short steps until you reach your desired destination.

Tip: Tennis shoes are preferable for situations in which you have to avoid making noise.

Step 3:

Avoid opening doors if possible. Most of them create too much noise. Once you've accomplished your goal, remember the same movements you made for reaching your destination, since you will have to retrace them in order to leave.

Fun Fact:

According to past research, stealthy people develop a fantastic sense of perception. This is great if you are planning to be a police officer!"

This is not how police officers usually work, is it?.

Perhaps I should have WAITED TO BE SENT A SCRIPT REGARDING AIRPORT SECURITY SCREENING...

steveinbsas said:
There are times when we need to be extremely careful to not make noise.

Split infinitive. ;-)

I'm glad that you did it for free. Can I have the 50 cents?

bradlyhale said:
Split infinitive. ;-)

I'm glad that you did it for free. Can I have the 50 cents?

You got me!

I owe you 50 cents!

Mon editor!

BTW: Who the hell in the US market would actually be in the market for such a video?

Do you remember what Mary Steenburgen said to Malcolm McDowell in the movie "The Time Machine" when he revealed that he was a time traveler?

"I have listened, and a bigger crock of shit I've never heard."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080025/quotes

I love this movie.

HowardinBA said:
well weird if you ask me!!!!!!

Ok, I'm asking.

What do you find weird about it?

Do you think we should alert Homeland Security?

Sorry, Max, this stuff is creepy!

And you are not offering fair "pay" for the services you seek!

I am not a moderator of this forum but I hope they take a close look at your posts in the futtuue.

Wow that article is just what I have been looking for - thanks! I don't find it weird in the slightest.

For a while now I have been trying to murder several enemies of mine (as you do) but could never quite get the job done, I was having huge difficulties maintaining a sufficient level of stealth. I was always - always - knocking into some pots and pans in the kitchen, stomping around in my boots and having to flee the premises to avoid capture, which was far from easy with a loaded shot gun in my hands and ladies stockings over my head.

Finally, thanks to your advice, I feel confident and ready to try again, and will this very night unleash my wrath upon my enemies - clad in the stealthiest, tightest cat suit that money can buy - I will send them to meet their maker(s?).

Back