Joe Biden picks running mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was puzzling that Obama was classified as BLACK, when he was half white. I guess that for race bigots, even a 1/16th black ancestry makes an individual BLACK.

It's the Meghan Markle effect.

These race narratives are important to white liberal college-educated suburbanites with a pathological fear of being considered racist. That's more or less the target audience of this VP choice. The Black community has been somewhat divided on Kamala when it comes to actual policy issues.

These race narratives are important to white liberal college-educated suburbanites with a pathological fear of being considered racist. That's more or less the target audience of this VP choice. The Black community has been somewhat divided on Kamala when it comes to actual policy issues.

Ms. Albers, who is white, and many of her progressive neighbors have vowed to avoid calling law enforcement into their community. Doing so, they believed, would add to the pain that black residents of Minneapolis were feeling and could put them in danger.

Mitchell Erickson’s fingers began dialing 911 last week before he had a chance to even consider alternatives, when two black teenagers who looked to be 15, at most, cornered him outside his home a block away from the park.

One of the boys pointed a gun at Mr. Erickson’s chest, demanding his car keys.

Flustered, Mr. Erickson handed over a set, but it turned out to be house keys. The teenagers got frustrated and ran off, then stole a different car down the street.

“I regret calling the police. It was my instinct but I wish it hadn’t been. I put those boys in danger of death by calling the cops.”

It was puzzling that Obama was classified as BLACK, when he was half white. I guess that for race bigots, even a 1/16th black ancestry makes an individual BLACK.

Very true Kamala would not be considered Black in many Latam and European Countries..?
Obama was an Oreo Cookie..!

Because Biden is a senile old man who couldn't run a country let alone a 7-11. His VP will have a larger role than which is customary.

Biden stated he would veto a bill on universal healthcare. Greater regulation on banking and financial services? He wrote the bankruptcy bill and is being enthusiastically supported by wall street. Legal punishment of big tech? As a stated before the MAGA stocks love Kamala. They are her biggest financial contributors and she is their protector. This is a dream ticket for banks and tech companies.

The policies of Biden / Harris are neoliberal, not populist. They support free trade and low tariffs, something that The Donald does not. Free trade means higher corporate profits.

It appears from your choice of name that you are a big fan of The Donald, but you're falling for the framing that this would be some populist left wing administration.

Mostly capitalist? Not anywhere close. Plus the exchange rate was artificially propped up by IMF loans which facilitated massive capital flight.

The dollar has already weakened 10% since March. Not against peso of course.
Sounds like someone has been diligently reading fringe Democrat websites.

Shaun King, the civil rights activist, wrote this about Joe and Kamala:
I'll be frank and tell you two Democrats that I am 99% sure I won't be supporting - primarily because of their dismal history on criminal justice reform over the course of their entire careers. Joe Biden & Kamala Harris. They both helped build & advance mass incarceration.

And then there's this. Keeping prisoners locked up to use as cheap labor for fire fighting. What's that thing called when you force someone to work against their will with minimum compensation (Hint: starts with an 'S') https://www.thedailybeast.com/kamal...ied-to-keep-inmates-locked-up-for-cheap-labor

Very true Kamala would not be considered Black in many Latam and European Countries..?
I had a Nigerian friend in the USA, the daughter of a tribal chief, educated in the Sorbonne and with a graduate degree from a British university. She told me she'd never realized she was Black until she arrived in Washington.

Because Biden is a senile old man who couldn't run a country let alone a 7-11.
That sounds straight off from one of the Donald's tweets.

As to the dollar weakening, that is actually good news for the USA. A weaker dollar means its products are more competitive in world markets.

That sounds straight off from one of the Donald's tweets.

As to the dollar weakening, that is actually good news for the USA. A weaker dollar means its products are more competitive in world markets.

Do you believe otherwise? The whole campaign strategy is to limit his exposure as much as possible. I'd still vote for him over Trump, but he's certainly not at the top of his mental game. My main objection with The Donald's post was that he is portraying Biden and Harris as some left wing radicals that will so scare investors that it will cause capital flight and a major devaluation of the dollar.

Not sure what Trucho Tango is upset about. Check the headlines of the fringe news outlet Bloomberg. Wall St and Big tech are rejoicing over the ticket.

Papers often talk about capital flight but I wonder: where would capital fly to? It seems to me that in an uncertain world, the States still offers the best chance of stability. Not even Trump and McConnell's combined efforts have managed to completely upset it.

I don't know enough about money matters - just took Economics 101 in college, and quite a few investment courses. Can you please expand on the capital flight thing? I'd really like to understand a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back