Judgement Left Intact: Vulture Funds

However, there is something that drives me crazy about your posts. Since joining this forum, you have repeatedly made assertions which have the guise of being well reasoned and logical until one realizes that they're based wholly upon false assumptions. On top of that, in the cases where you've been called out for doing so, your response has typically been to pretend that nothing has happened.

You know I hate to kick a unrepentant bullshitter while he's down......

Heh, didn't mean to give offense.
As far as "yanquis de m**rda", well...I hope I don't get the crap beat out of me for being American, but I can see where they are coming from. This is a shakedown, pure and simple. Argentina was set up and ripped off.
You are a child in the big boys game of international financial machinations . First off the Ks have pissed off most of world regarding the way they handled this entire mess. Second SHE has pissed off everyone from Obama to Bush to Rice to Biden to .............. Lastly it is not the job of the US Supreme to be sucked into a complex mess which Argentina has created. If they were to rule in Argentinas favor it would undue the entire process for default settlement via US jurisdictional regards for US based process on foreign sovereign debt held in US asset bases.

You know I hate to kick a unrepentant bullshitter while he's down......

sLvzTP0.jpg

Or there's no lunch on Sunday! You've been warned!

Not to worry! You can always come to the Book Club first anniversary pot luck/meeting Wednesday. Our food ROCKS! And the discussions are lively but never mean....

At least until the book of the month is Galeano.

Reagan was stupid, but not quite that stupid (though he did address Brazilians as Bolivians at an official banquet).

Bolivians and Brazilians both exist. At least Reagan wasn't stupid enough to refer to the German language as Austrian, a language which does not exist.

Hi,

What Argentina should do, IMHO, is to default the whole debt, get it audited and then pay what they have to pay.

Cheers!

Bolivians and Brazilians both exist. At least Reagan wasn't stupid enough to refer to the German language as Austrian, a language which does not exist.

Reagan's stupidity was beyond discussion. I don't know who other than Herr Schwarzenegger who might argue for Austrian but, nevertheless, "The main native language of Austria outside Vorarlberg is Austro-Bavarian, which is spoken using many different dialects. The northern parts of Austria (including Vienna, the capital) speak Central Austro-Bavarian dialects and the southern parts Southern Austro-Bavarian dialects. Austro-Bavarian differs heavily from high German, making it hard for German speakers of different regions to understand the native population."

No
If you are paying settled bond holders 10% you have to treat unsettled bond holders equally, pay them 10% also. Basically, cannot ignore any creditor. The fly in the ointment at the time for Argentina is they would have to make the account current, payments in the rears because they chose to ignore Elliot. Argentina was not willing to make the account current.

http://www.investope.../pari-passu.asp
That is not what I am reading in publications interpreting the court ruling. According to their interpretation the full 1.5 billion are due that Argentina owes the two vulture funds (unless they would agree to accept new bonds etc.). The two funds only hold about 1% of the old debt - so in addition to the full payment to the two vulture funds the other 7% that did not accept the new bonds could request payment, now.

Back