Just got some gigantic pants

AkBill

Registered
Some kind soul bought me pants however they are very long. I am tall but these are circus style

Walking in the streets of Buenos Aires with pants that touch the ground is not advisable

I want to get some safety pins and pin them up, Ive been to a few chemists but nada. Where can i buy safety pins???

At any hosier's aka Mercerias, shops where you can buy buttons, zips and the like.

Hi you have to go to a merceria I don´t knnow the word in English where needles and threads are sold, I hope this helps
regards
Reina

I've had some great luck with the barrio sasterias having clothing altered. Maybe look into that?

im an imperialist expat i never deviate more than a block from santa fe, anywhere along there?

ha ha
just kidding
i will visit your suggestions tomorrow then i will enjoy my pants

Oh yeah i tried to get them altered but they are like weird special pants with a zip at the bottom so it was a denied

Why not simply hem them?

If I may deviate a little, is it really so difficult to find simple items like safety pins and horseradish in your respective cities/towns that you have to come on here to find them?

put it this way, its 1am, i never got the chance to eat lunch or dinner tonight, im stressed, working, half drunk, and the only thing on my mind is where to get some safety pins

if cristina doesn't solve this problem i will not be voting for her again

Goshinki said:
Why not simply hem them?

If I may deviate a little, is it really so difficult to find simple items like safety pins and horseradish in your respective cities/towns that you have to come on here to find them?

First of all, since this is the BAExpats website, we mostly hail from one city. Secondly, look at AKBills avatar, clearly regular saftey pins will not suffice, and these

CASFRsafetypin_0671.jpg

are not so easily found in stores here. Unlike the US, things are not so easily supersized.

AkBill said:
put it this way, its 1am, i never got the chance to eat lunch or dinner tonight, im stressed, working, half drunk, and the only thing on my mind is where to get some safety pins

Ah, okay, in that context it makes more sense.

Speaking of avatars, they seem to rarely display correctly. I'm using google chrome.

Back